Review of The Memorandum: An Ode to the Workplace or Something like That Short Stories & Poetry About the Workplace

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Review of The Memorandum: An Ode to the Workplace or Something like That Short Stories & Poetry About the Workplace

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Memorandum: An Ode to the Workplace or Something like That Short Stories & Poetry About the Workplace" by Kewayne Wadley.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Work and workplaces have a lot of hassles that most of us have gone through. Most of these hassles are unspoken. We just all go through the same things in silence or share some whispers here and there. In The Memorandum: An Ode to the Workplace or Something Like That: Short Stories & Poetry About the Workplace, Kewayne Wadley gives a voice to people who are suffering in silence. Work environments aren't easy in the era we live in now; people will usually find something pressing. Unfortunately, we can't usually talk. That's because we want to keep the job that we need, not want.

Kewayne Wadley tactfully discusses issues like working in a job you don't like, having a proper mentor or the lack of one, people changing according to their interests, double standards, and many more topics. When I started reading the book, I liked the smooth reading of the scenes that were projected. They were in the form of poetry, but they were more like scenes or stories. That riddle was solved when I read the "About the Author" section. This is called poetic storytelling. It was my first time coming across it, and I love it.

I like that the book carries a lot of messages and criticizes improper work environments without being preachy or even boring. The writer does this in a light, funny way. I'm not saying that the book is revolutionary, but pointing out the wrong things is a good start. There were some good illustrations in the book that were funny and expressive.

I didn't find anything to dislike about the book. In fact, I would have liked it to be longer. It was sarcastic and smooth. It tackled some important issues. In addition, the book's editing was exceptional. Therefore, I rate it five out of five stars. I recommend the book to people who like poetic storytelling and to people who would like to get some sarcasm about work environments.

The Memorandum: An Ode to the Workplace or Something like That Short Stories & Poetry About the Workplace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

Work places have turned more toxic day by day. The targets seem to me more important than any relationships. Glad the book provides a commentary on something which is rampant in our times. Loved the review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”