Review of Virus 4 Peace

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Review of Virus 4 Peace

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Virus 4 Peace" by June.]
Book Cover
1 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Virus 4 Love by June is a collection of quotes and short poems about peace and tranquility. Each page has a quote from a politician or a celebrity, with some penned by June herself. Quotes by Vladimir Putin were used extensively in the book. In addition, the author included quotations from George W. Bush, Charlie Chaplin, Princess Diana, Walt Disney, Pope John Paul II, Mother Teresa, and others. The author referred to the teachings of the ten commandments multiple times in the book. Finally, some pages displayed various drawings by the author.

The presence of one quote on each of the 150 pages makes the book extremely short. One can complete it in one sitting. The book's objective seemed unclear to me. These quotations do not, in my opinion, promote peace. Although some quotes were great, I was unable to grasp the meaning of others.

One of the quotes that I liked was by Rosa Parks: "You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right." I enjoyed a few other quotes as well, but I don't understand the point of purchasing a book that has a collection of quotes just because some of them are nice.

On the other hand, some quotes were meaningless, or at least I didn't comprehend them, such as "You can seek God without of you. You can't seek peace without of you.” The statement is grammatically inaccurate, but even if rectified, I could not understand it. In my opinion, the absence of punctuation and the beginning of each line with a capital letter are both flaws in the book’s text. That was a stylistic choice, but it made understanding what was written more difficult. Furthermore, the book was riddled with typos and blatant grammatical errors, indicating that no adequate editing was performed. Finally, I did not get the point of presenting some artwork that could be classified as mediocre.

I cannot recommend this book to anyone, as I think that it is neither truly useful nor entertaining. This book, in my opinion, deserves one star out of five. I cannot give it a better rating since a few beautiful quotes aren't enough to make the book a worthwhile read.

Virus 4 Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Love Mary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Love Mary »

A man's life will be worthless without peace. I enjoy every aspect of this book because it promote peace. Most of quotes by notable people in the book was great to me even though the reviewer didn't like it. But all the same, Thanks for this wonderful review .
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: The Mothers
Bookshelf Size: 2401
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

On the other hand, some quotes were meaningless, or at least I didn't comprehend them, such as "You can seek God without of you. You can't seek peace without of you.” The statement is grammatically inaccurate, but even if rectified, I could not understand it.
That makes literally no sense. I love collections of quotes. I used to write them by hand long before the Internet was a big deal. But they need to be carefully curated and grammatically sound to be awesome.
And what's the virus part about?
Thank you for your honest review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t quite understand. There's a lot of time and expense involved and all for a book that it doesn't sound like anyone will enjoy. Thanks!
King Nyebuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-king-nyebuchi.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by King Nyebuchi »

I'm also confused as to why I'd buy a whole book filled with quotes. The quotes are all available on the web, aren't they?
grace borromeo
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by grace borromeo »

very enticing and a great reason for me to pick up this book. Thanks for this encouraging review!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”