Review of Christian Bible Drama Series -

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michael Valentine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Fruit of the Spirit Health Journal: A Loving, Joyful, and Peaceful Spiritual Nutrition Experience by Rachel Mareshah Morrison

Review of Christian Bible Drama Series -

Post by Michael Valentine »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Christian Bible Drama Series -" by Rev Dr. Errol E. Leslie.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Rev. Dr. Errol E. Leslie creates two storylines that portray the events leading up to the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ in his book, Christian Bible Drama Series, Christmas Edition. This book is a collection of two dramas with the same message: the birth of Jesus Christ. Despite the differences in the storylines of both stories, certain key characters and events remain constant, such as the villainous character of King Herod and the saving power of God.

The stories involve the divine conception of a poor young girl, Mary, who was, at the time, betrothed to a young carpenter named Joseph. She gets that this may affect her engagement with him, but with the help of an angel, Joseph still takes her as his wife. When they eventually give birth to the child, King Herod does everything within his power to see that the ancient prophecy about the child does not come to pass.

Leslie uses this book to teach about the origin of Christmas and the importance of the celebration of Christmas in the Christian faith. The book has a touch of humor. For example, in the first story, despite the depletion of gold in Herod's country, the three wise men he sent to visit baby Jesus took gold to give him as one of the presents.

There are certain positive aspects of the book. First, the book is written in a simple and understandable language. Second, the author uses the book to teach certain lessons to Christians. For example, the author taught that God will not allow a person to be in a situation that the person cannot handle. This is exemplified in the story involving Mary when she was afraid of how Joseph would react to the news of her pregnancy. The book also teaches that God will certainly do everything to guide His own. Despite King Herod's decree for the killing of male children under the age of two, God still saved baby Jesus. Another positive aspect of the book is that it contains songs that can be sung independently during Christmas, and the author also provides the sol-fa notations of some songs.

There is only one negative aspect that was identified in the book. For the first drama, the author divided the book into six scenes without first dividing it into acts. This doesn't seem right. Dramas are first divided into acts, which are further divided into scenes.

I only found one error in the book. This shows that the book was professionally edited. Added to the positives identified above, I will be giving the book five out of five stars. The negative aspect I found was insufficient to deduct a star from my rating. I recommend this book to all Christians, especially those interested in Christmas dramas.

Christian Bible Drama Series -
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”