Review of Looking Inwards

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Re: Review of Looking Inwards

Post by Catalina Isabel »

I am not usually into poetry, but this book sounds interesting. I like the fact that the author weaves her own experiences inthe poems. It also sounds like a book that would make readers think about deeper spiritual concepts. Thanks for a great review and congrats to the author on BOTD!
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

Your enthusiasm for the "Basking Ridge" poem is infectious. I'm intrigued to explore how the author weaves cultural and homely elements into the poetry, creating a relatable and enriching experience.
Jacinta Mutuku 1
Currently Reading: Artwords
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Jacinta Mutuku 1 »

Thank you for the wonderful review. The author is trying to put his life experiences in different cultures which is western and eastern, in America, India and UK through art of poetry. That integration help the readers to connect with the author's journey. I have enjoyed reading every bit of the sample.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

I appreciate your mention of the balance in spiritual content, reassuring non-religious readers. It's valuable information that helps potential readers understand the book's inclusivity.
Sham Gwalani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sham-gwalani.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sham Gwalani »

This review prompts me to pick up this book and read about the poets journey through his life in UK, America and India. It is a well written review that highlights the good points so that it has intrigued a non poem lover like me to read it. Well Done!
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

Fantastic review! Your insights into the personal connections of the author and how it enhances the reading experience make me curious about "Looking Inwards: A Journey into Turiya."
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

Looking Inwards: A Journey into Turiya by Sameer Pendse is a poetic exploration and self-expression, contributing to 'social responsibility' poetry to foster love and calmness in life. Divided into three parts, the book reflects the author's experiences in America, India, and the UK, emphasizing the mission of keeping people together in peace through love. The intimate references to 'our boys' and the incorporation of family lend a cultural and homely perspective, making the poetry relatable and deeply connected to the author's personal journey.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

I feel good to know that this poetry collection is error-free, reflects some personal experiences of the author, and perfectly communicates to readers the shared experiences. For sure, we all have varying perceptions of the afterlife. I think I am curious to read the poem titled "Basking Ridge." Overall, I think this book deserves a read.
Cebolakhe Ngwabi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cebolakhe-ngwabi.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Cebolakhe Ngwabi »

It was great reading the sample, and your review is great. I enjoy reading, if I had to choose between poetry and spirituality. I would write poetry. I like poetry to have a peak of spirituality. Spirituality is another subject which I don't dig much into. The sample books was just as good.
Hasani Piyumika Perera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Alpha Buddies Land
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hasani-piyumika-perera.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Hasani Piyumika Perera »

'Reading Inner Trek' by Mohan Ranga Rao was like going on a cool adventure to Kailash Manasa Sarovar. The author tells the story so well, making the pilgrimage sound amazing.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”