Review of Looking Inwards

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Re: Review of Looking Inwards

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your wonderful review. I like the concept of poetry, but I rarely understand its meaning. This sounds like a great book for those who are interested in poetry such as yourself.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

A book of poetry, "Looking Inwards" by Sameer Pendse, speaks of youth, mid-life and now as well as perhaps some afterlife and how those alive consider those lost to death. A spiritual outlook that is open and inclusive imbrues this poetry as it is easiest to evoke emotion through figurative language. This book is recommended to all readers as it is filled with poems that can touch the heart.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 234
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

This book sounds interesting; reading poetry may be like having a very personal experience with the author's emotions. If the author included personal experiences, the poem would resonate with the reader even more.
Additionally, readers who are not religious may want to give some thought to the spiritual material. Personally, I don't practice religion, but I think the book's accounts of spirituality are written with a deeper significance.
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: Alice In Dreamland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Blood Vengeance by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Tejas Koli »

This thoughtful review of "Looking Inwards: A Journey into Turiya" encapsulates the book's essence, emphasizing its contribution to "social responsibility" poetry. The reviewer astutely notes the personal touch derived from the author's experiences, making the poetry relatable and culturally rich. The positive remarks on the serenity, diverse themes, and spiritual balance showcase the book's versatility. With a flawless rating of 5 stars, the reviewer confidently recommends the poetry to a broad readership, affirming its timeless beauty.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

I like this poetry book because its written from the author's experience. It features some of the author's spiritual beliefs. Thanks for the review.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Looking Inwards: A Journey into Turiya by Sameer Pendse is a poetic book. It keeps us loving and calm, which is a condition necessary for life. It explains the author's perspective and his experience. This book is error-free. Congrats on the BOTD award.
sasad4733
Currently Reading: Many Rides, Many Stories
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by sasad4733 »

Very grateful for your thoughtful insights and reflections on "Looking Inwards: A Journey into Turiya" by Sameer Pendse. Your detailed exploration of the book's essence and the author's personal journey within the poetry has truly enriched my understanding of this remarkable collection.
Hasani Piyumika Perera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Alpha Buddies Land
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hasani-piyumika-perera.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Hasani Piyumika Perera »

Explore 'Looking Inwards: A Journey into Turiya' by Sameer Pendse. A cool poetry journey through America, India, and the UK. The author shares personal stories that make it really interesting.
Scott Moreland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Scott Moreland »

I enjoyed the sample of this book of poetry. It was insightful writing, emotional and touching. It is something I would read on a cloudy, dreary, rainy day to raise my spirits.
Victoria Zoe
Currently Reading: The Divine Memoir
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-zoe.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Victoria Zoe »

Sameer Pendse crafted his experiences into a poem for readers to read to develop a loving and calm soul as expressed by the reviewer. I would love to read this book which talks about looking inward for self-examination. Congrats on the BOTD and a satisfactory review.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Sameer Pendse's "Looking Inwards" is not just a book of poetry; it's a profound journey into self-expression. The thematic divisions, especially the exploration of cultural experiences, add depth to the poetic narrative.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Sameer Pendse's poetic journey in "Looking Inwards" reflects a deep connection to personal experiences, creating a relatable and culturally rich tapestry. The integration of family elements adds a heartfelt touch to the verses.
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

I enjoy reading poetry and I am interested in reading this book as it contains poems regarding unity, personal experiences, religious devotions and more. Thank you for your review!
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85

Post by Seamstress »

Unfortunately, the book is most definitely not my cup of tea, since not only it is poetry which I always had great trouble understanding, it is further complicated because of “social responsibility" subject to be considered an entertaining reading material. No offense, I prefer to skip it, but congrats with BOTD, anyway!
Tommy Mayengbam
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommy-mayengbam.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Tommy Mayengbam »

With statements like “When I came to America a decade ago", the book appears to have a different spin on poetry reflecting back on his experiences and documenting them, which sounds interesting to me.

I'd like to give the book a read though I'm not a fan of poetry.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”