Review of Looking Inwards

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladis-ratish-kumar.html
Latest Review: Promiscuous Girl by Kelli Nicole

Re: Review of Looking Inwards

Post by Gladis Ratish Kumar »

The review encompassed every aspect, sparking my curiosity to explore the author's personal life through poetic expression in the book. The theme of social responsibility added another layer of intrigue.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting collection of poems about the author's life and covering a range of different topics and experiences. It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Moisés Alcántara Ayre
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mois-s-alc-ntara-ayre.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Moisés Alcántara Ayre »

A beautiful poetry book that motivates, inspires, and engages. In addition, it presents spirituality in a way that teaches and questions.
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

This book seems like such an interesting drive into the author's mind. The poems dealt with a lot of topics spanning across three countries. Thanks for the amazing review.
Brittany Jarrell 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Brittany Jarrell 1 »

Great review. I love when poetry is incorporated into a reading. Poetry always seems to catch my eye and hook me into reading the boom more :D
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 555
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

Readers searching for spirituality and desire to know about social responsibility in poetic expression would find this book entertaining.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3049
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Poems can indeed be regarded as the gasoline that keeps us running. Certainly, nothing beats a carefully and artfully written poetry book. It o good to read that this one focuses on keeping us loving and calm. I have added the book to my want-to-read shelf. Many thanks for the well-balanced, informative review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

Social responsibility is a very important topic in all aspects. By taking the topic to poetry, I imagine that there will be very delicate and forceful messages through those writings. All reflected from the author's own experience, including his spiritual point of view.
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A self expression based poetic book "Looking Inwards" by Sameer Pendse, which follows life in America, middle years In India, and starting In the UK. This is a interesting book.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
DL Gardene
Currently Reading: The Reverend Psychopath
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by DL Gardene »

Looking Inwards

The author uses poems as its main focus that allows us to see the projected impact on life.The poems are broken down in a way that we as the reader can gather information and knowledge for ourselves. It does not push its beliefs on the reader although it contains more spiritual beliefs and content. As the teader I enjoy the balance that it has on one’s beliefs. Take what resonates and leave the rest.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by RJ Reviews »

Poetry speaks of life in the most intimate way, going straight to our hearts. Yet they get easily overshadowed by other genres. It is a pleasant surprise to find a poetry book as the BOTD! The author did an amazing job of incorporating his life's experiences into the poems. Congrats.

The review is most expertly written. I appreciate the reviewer's attempt to explain the inner feelings of the poems. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
milyjohnson
Currently Reading: Nimue
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by milyjohnson »

I enjoyed reading the sample. Poetry is a creative way to express yourself. The author did an excellent job explaining how writing poetry is cathartic. Poetry gives writers a chance to tell their stories. The writer included beautiful poetry in the story. If you don't enjoy reading it, this sample allows you to see it differently. I like how the author doesn't force poetry on the reader.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

Not only do I love conscious poetry books, but I also write poetry so this is right up my alley. I cannot wait to embark on the authors journey through America, India and the UK with poetic wordplay. Congrats to the author for having the BOTD.
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

"A beauty of a poem lasts forever." True! Poems are a major part of our lives. As said by Percy Bysshe Shelley, " A poem is the very image of life expressed in its eternal truth." Poem is the one and only truth of our lives. What we are in this world if not a poetry? The author has done a great job putting this book together. And the best poetry contains pearls of wisdom. Thank you for the honest review.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Ruby Allman
Currently Reading: The Reverend Psychopath
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruby-allman.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ruby Allman »

This poetry is beautifully written. I enjoyed reading the free sample, and will go on to finish the book. Free form, open verse poetry like this lends itself to a wide range of emotions and complex thought. The author does not disappoint. Philosophy, spirituality, hope, and joy leap from the page!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”