Review of Looking Inwards

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Re: Review of Looking Inwards

Post by Huini Hellen »

Thank you for your punchline at the end if the review, which vindicates poems as eternal works of art. I can't wait to read Sameer's themes and seek to find out what he was driving at.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis

Post by Michael Gambo »

Though not inherently drawn to poetry, I found myself captivated by the authenticity of "Looking Inwards: A Journey into Turiya." The revelation of profound truths about creativity, discipline, love, and selfless commitment struck a chord within me.
I believe in something greater than myself.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Abiodunakinola »

"Looking Inwards: A Journey into Turiya" by Sameer Pendse is a poetic exploration that not only serves as self-expression but also contributes to the realm of "social responsibility" poetry. Divided into three parts reflecting the author's experiences in America, India, and the UK, the book aims to foster love and peace in society. The integration of personal elements like family adds a cultural and homely perspective, enhancing the reader's connection to the author's journey. Nice review.
Neha Panikar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha-panikar.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by Neha Panikar »

I write poems myself and love reading poems. I like the idea of the author chronicling his life and experiences through poetry. Definitely something I'd pick up sooner rather than later. Thanks for the review!
Bithiah
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Mitzi Perdue
Currently Reading: A God-Balanced Life
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bithiah.html
Latest Review: Developing Resilience by Penny Christian Knight
fav_author_id: 240516

Post by Bithiah »

Sameer Pendse's book Looking Inwards: A Journey into Turiya is a collection of poetry and serves as an instrument for the author's self-expression. Excellently crafted review! It's amazing how Pendse incorporates his three-country life journey into his artwork. The book appears to be more than just a compilation of poems. Congratulations to the writer.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 314
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Anxiety and Depression by Lillyin Love

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

It's great that the author writes his experiences in the form of poetry. However, I'm not really a big fan of poetry, so I'll pass on this book.
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

I appreciate your observation regarding the connection between the author's personal life and the content of the book. It seems that Pendse's experiences in America, India, and the UK play a significant role in shaping the narrative, making it more relatable and engaging for readers. Your emphasis on the integration of family into the poetry adds a cultural and homely dimension, enhancing the reader's connection to the material.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

Kshitija Sonawane wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 07:04 While Western philosophy teaches people to look outside for God, Eastern philosophy tells us to look inward. Even the word Namaste means I bow to the divinity inside you. This idea will help us respect others and make ourselves as perfect or as 'divine' as possible so that we can live up to the respect that others are giving us. Congratulations on BOTD and best wishes for future projects.
After giving your thoughtful comment some thought, I realized how profoundly wise the contrast between Eastern and Western philosophy is. Eastern philosophy has a strong emphasis on introspection, which seems to be a useful compass for encouraging both self-improvement and sincere regard for others.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

Huini Hellen wrote: 29 Dec 2023, 02:30 Thank you for your punchline at the end if the review, which vindicates poems as eternal works of art. I can't wait to read Sameer's themes and seek to find out what he was driving at.
It's always an exciting endeavor to decipher the intentions and messages behind a poet's words. Happy reading, and may Sameer's themes offer you a rich tapestry of thought and contemplation!
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

Looking Inward seems like a great poetry book. I like that the poems touch on spirituality and aspects of the authors life. I look forward to reading this book soon. Congratulations on making botd!
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Post by Seetha E »

A spiritual journey to self-discovery in the form of poetry is not new yet most appealing. I'm particularly intrigued because he has Indian roots and has spent a major part of his life abroad. The reviewer provides an interesting glimpse into the book. Congratulations on winning BOTD!
Purity Kihiko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Purity Kihiko »

I am not a fan of poetry but the way the author aligns his experiences is quite interesting,great work .
The review is also awesome with a 5 star rating .Thanks , congrats on BOTD!
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

This review has helped me see that there's so much more to poetry than meets the eye. Kudos to the author too, who has used poetry in the light of making such a significant impact.
Smrithi Arun
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

I don't usually read poetry much, but the author's experiences, especially in the second part, seem to be worth reading about. I hope this book reaches the right audience. Congrats on the BOTD!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 607
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

I wonder what spiritual content is mentioned in the book, as I am cautious about spirituality as it's not tied to religion. Thank you for the review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”