Review of Iced Tea Poetry

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Review of Iced Tea Poetry

Post by Obc Contentor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Iced Tea Poetry" by Greg Stidham.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Poetry possesses the unique ability to convey wisdom, cherished memories, and observations about the world around us. It serves as a dual-edged tool, benefiting both the writer and the reader. Through carefully chosen words and relatable expressions, poets can transport their ideas, along with the accompanying emotions, from their hearts onto the pages of a book, allowing readers to experience the same sensations.

Greg Stidham's "Iced Tea Poetry" is a collection of poems that reflect the author's emotions, enthusiasm, and interpretations of the symbolic messages within them. For instance, there is a poem about a possum discovered in the author's wife's former house, which showcases the author's empathy and concern for the creature's feelings, particularly its fear. Throughout the book, numerous poems take readers on a journey into the author's heart as he vividly portrays his excitement, knowledge, and overall impressions of encounters with animals, places, and everyday scenarios.

There are many aspects to appreciate about this book. It successfully fulfills its intended purpose of conveying the author's emotions to the reader through skillful word choices. The poems are devoid of unnecessary fillers, ensuring an engaging reading experience. Some of the poems even transported me to the depicted locations, evoking a sense of longing to be present there. For example, "Ontario Thaw" and "Ontario Spring" beautifully depict the environment with such descriptive details that one can almost smell the surroundings. The book opens with a quote from Carol Ann Duffy, which encapsulates the essence of what poetry represents to both writers and readers. For its impeccable editing and lack of flaws, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I found no faults or reasons to dislike this book. It is exceptionally well-edited, devoid of any typographical errors or grammar mistakes. "Iced Tea Poetry" would greatly benefit poetry enthusiasts, as well as students seeking guidance on understanding the fundamentals of poetry; hence, my recommendation.

Iced Tea Poetry
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rica Concepcion
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Rica Concepcion »

I genuinely believed that the poet exclusively discussed iced tea after reading the book's title. Kudos to the author for his brainy strategy and eye-catching title. I'm going to try reading this book. It's a great review that's both interesting and insightful. nice work
Jay Alex
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

I like the title of the book"Iced Tea". I enjoyed reading your review and how well you summarized the book. Wonderful review well-done.
King Nyebuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-king-nyebuchi.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by King Nyebuchi »

Your review is exceptionally well-crafted, and I found great pleasure in reading it. It provided true insights about the book. Many thanks to you!
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: The Foundation for Peace by Patrick J Roelle, Sr. / Mr. Pat

Post by Robert Andrew »

Iced Tea Poetry" by Greg Stidham sounds like a delightful collection that truly captures the essence of poetry's power to convey emotions and observations about the world. The ability of poets to express their ideas and feelings through carefully chosen words allows readers to share in their experiences and emotions, making it a rewarding experience for both the writer and the audience.
Velson julliey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-velson-julliey.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Velson julliey »

Good job on this review.
Centering on poetry, this is a captivating review that best explains the book. The more I read the review, the more I yearn to get a copy of the book, in order to get a complete knowledge on it.
The amicable choice of words utilised in the review is superb, accompanied with it's illuminating storyline. Keep up the good work.
Boye Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boye-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Welcome to Dreamland by Rasa Ponce

Post by Boye Emmanuel »

I enjoy reading poems because there is no restrictions to the level the writers can exoress themselves. It's always a wonderful experience and I hope Ice Tea too would be an enjoyable read.
MercyNdungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercyndungu.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by MercyNdungu »

Obc Contentor wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 13:02 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Iced Tea Poetry" by Greg Stidham.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Poetry possesses the unique ability to convey wisdom, cherished memories, and observations about the world around us. It serves as a dual-edged tool, benefiting both the writer and the reader. Through carefully chosen words and relatable expressions, poets can transport their ideas, along with the accompanying emotions, from their hearts onto the pages of a book, allowing readers to experience the same sensations.

Greg Stidham's "Iced Tea Poetry" is a collection of poems that reflect the author's emotions, enthusiasm, and interpretations of the symbolic messages within them. For instance, there is a poem about a possum discovered in the author's wife's former house, which showcases the author's empathy and concern for the creature's feelings, particularly its fear. Throughout the book, numerous poems take readers on a journey into the author's heart as he vividly portrays his excitement, knowledge, and overall impressions of encounters with animals, places, and everyday scenarios.

There are many aspects to appreciate about this book. It successfully fulfills its intended purpose of conveying the author's emotions to the reader through skillful word choices. The poems are devoid of unnecessary fillers, ensuring an engaging reading experience. Some of the poems even transported me to the depicted locations, evoking a sense of longing to be present there. For example, "Ontario Thaw" and "Ontario Spring" beautifully depict the environment with such descriptive details that one can almost smell the surroundings. The book opens with a quote from Carol Ann Duffy, which encapsulates the essence of what poetry represents to both writers and readers. For its impeccable editing and lack of flaws, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I found no faults or reasons to dislike this book. It is exceptionally well-edited, devoid of any typographical errors or grammar mistakes. "Iced Tea Poetry" would greatly benefit poetry enthusiasts, as well as students seeking guidance on understanding the fundamentals of poetry; hence, my recommendation.

Iced Tea Poetry
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Your comment on "Iced Tea Poetry" by Greg Stidham is a thoughtful and positive reflection on the book. You've highlighted the unique power of poetry to convey emotions, memories, and observations, both for the author and the reader.Thank you for sharing your insightful and well-considered comment on "Iced Tea Poetry." Your feedback adds to the discussion of this book's strengths and its potential audience.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

"Iced Tea Poetry" by Greg Stidham seems to offer readers a rich collection of poems, providing insights into the author's emotions, enthusiasm, and interpretations of various aspects of life. The inclusion of a poem about a possum reflects the author's ability to infuse empathy into his work, capturing the essence of the creature's feelings.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

This sounds like an educative and impactful poem. I will live to see the various poems in it. Thanks for your recommendation.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”