Review of Love and Resistance

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Re: Review of Love and Resistance

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

"Love and Resistance" takes you on a captivating poetic journey that celebrates the resilience of the human heart and the courage to love against all odds. Whether you're a poetry enthusiast or simply seeking a deeply moving read, this book promises to leave an unforgettable impression.
Abhishek Kumar Gupta
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhishek-kumar-gupta.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 365
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Abhishek Kumar Gupta »

Thank you for sharing your detailed review of "Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond! Your thoughtful exploration of the themes and emotions captured in the poems offers valuable insights for potential readers. Additionally, your feedback on the book's pros and cons provides a balanced perspective. It's great to hear that you found the poems engaging and easily digestible, despite minor issues with the typography. Your 5-star rating and recommendation highlight the book's strengths in exploring love, relationships, and personal struggles. Great review!
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3055
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Arc by M. E. Lange

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Love is, certainly, one of the most important things anyone can address, as all humans recognize it. I am glad the author includes poems that enable the reader travel down memory, reliving every sweet, nostalgic moment. This sounds like an incredible collection of poems, and, as a fan of poetry, I look forward to read it. Many thanks for the amazing review.
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Latest Review: Arc by M. E. Lange
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Today's book is a poetry collection with diverse themes ranging from forbidden love, freedom, and transformation, among others. The poems are rich and full of valuable life lessons.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

This sounds like a great poetry collection. I like the fact that the topics covered in the book are easily relatable: love, relationships, freedom, personal challenges, etc., and that emotions come through in the poems. Thanks for the review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Nuru Menene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nuru Menene »

This powerful collection of poems seems to delve deep into the depths of human emotion and experience in a way that will surely resonate profoundly with readers. The themes of forbidden love and domesticity that you highlight hint at an introspective journey that gets to the core of our shared struggles, desires, and truths. For those seeking understanding and self-reflection in their own lives, these verses promise to offer a rich tapestry of perspective and catharsis. Poetry that can encapsulate the complexities of the heart and home life with such nuance is a rare gift. Congratulations to the author on having this insightful, deeply resonant collection named Book of the Day!
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my eyes and all is born again.

Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

I enjoy it when poets experiment with typeface. It, in my opinion, enhances the literary one with a visual component.The stunning cover is what draws my attention in the first place. I want to open it and start reading.Marie J. Mond's book of poems, Love and Resistance, offers a distinct perspective on a variety of topics.
Ni_weh_sesh62
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

I like poems that are related to realities of life such as love, relationships, family, etc, and not those that are imaginary. I will definitely read this book. Nove review!
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

The review's personal touch in highlighting the favorite poem 'Love Child' adds a relatable perspective, making me curious to explore the emotional depth of the collection.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

I loved how the review delves into the themes explored in the book, from forbidden love to transformation, making it clear why these poems are worth reading.
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: The Great Migration
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 114%

Post by Tejas Koli »

This collection of poems, "Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond, sounds like a deeply emotional and thought-provoking read. I appreciate the diverse range of themes explored, from forbidden love to friendship amidst chaos. Adding this book to my reading list for its profound insights into the human experience. 📚
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

"Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond is a poignant collection of poems that delves into various aspects of human emotion and experience, from forbidden love to finding solace in nature. Through just 46 concise and easily digestible poems, Mond captures the complexities of relationships and the enduring power of love, even amidst adversity. Particularly touching is the poem 'Love Child,' which beautifully illustrates a mother's unconditional love, resonating with readers and leaving a lasting impression of the profound connections we share.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 86624
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1420%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

at 17yo olivia ia at her 4th school in 7 yrs razor sharp tale. she endure loneliness hardship to make friends..i will recommend this book
Ndimphiwe Mpongoma 1
Favorite Book: Love and Resistance
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ndimphiwe Mpongoma 1 »

"Love and Resistance " by Marie J. Mond, is quite a interesting book, with a collection of poems that evoke senses of love,freedom, romance, pain, endurance, hope and more. As person who is currently studying language and literature, I find this book much interesting and Captivating, as it invites us as the readers to a world of love and the motives of the speaker while writing. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wishes to learn about poetry.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”