Review of Love and Resistance

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Review of Love and Resistance

Post by Azubike Richard »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond is a collection of poems that covers a wide range of human emotions and experiences, exploring themes such as forbidden love, anticipation, friendship amid chaos, domesticity, freedom, and transformation. Each poem presents a unique perspective on life and relationships, capturing the complexities and nuances of the human condition. From the longing for a distant homeland in "Haiti, You're in My Heart" to the chaotic world outside in "Rag Doll," the poems offer a glimpse into the depth of human emotions and the challenges we face. The collection concludes with a reflection on love, loss, and hope, highlighting the enduring power of love even in the face of adversity.

The book exhibits several favorable aspects. It imparted valuable lessons about love, how cherished memories from the past can aid us during challenging times, finding solace in nature, and how love can inspire individuals to go the extra mile to protect their loved ones. My favorite poem in the book was 'Love Child,' which beautifully portrays a mother's unwavering and unconditional love for her child. I appreciate the concise and straightforward nature of the poems in the book; with just 46 poems, they are easily digestible. From 'Loving You Is a Sin' to 'Ring,' all are short and to the point.

The book does have some drawbacks. I found it challenging to comprehend the author's use of italics in titling each poem within the book when reading it. I would appreciate it if the author could opt for a more conventional writing style for the titles of each poem, as not everyone may easily grasp design-oriented typography. For example, how the author presented "Stiletto Shoes" on page 17 perplexed me.

The poems in this collection are highly informative. I couldn't detect any errors in the book, which indicates exceptional editing. Due to my positive sides, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it to readers who want to read a book of poems that delve into themes of love, relationships, and personal challenges.

Love and Resistance
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Korir Kipchumba Victor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korir-kipchumba-victor.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Korir Kipchumba Victor »

I love reading poetry. It opens up your mind to a different way of thinking and seeing things. It's unfortunate about the drawbacks. I hope it's not much of a turn off. Great review
Kanishka Banga
Favorite Book: Crazy Time
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanishka-banga.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Kanishka Banga »

"Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond is a captivating collection of poetry that delves into the intricate tapestry of human emotions and experiences. From the very first poem to the last, Mond's words resonate deeply, touching upon themes of love, loss, resilience, and the human spirit's capacity to endure.
Sabrina Ercolani
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabrina-ercolani.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B09QY6J4F1
2024 Reading Goal: 105
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Sabrina Ercolani »

Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond is a collection of poems that covers a wide range of themes with a unique interpretation. It sounds very interesting! Thanks for the review.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The collection of poems appears to explore various facets of love and relationships. The focus on the unwavering power of love in the face of adversity is timeless.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

The first thing that catches my eye is the beautiful cover. It tempts me to open and read. Poetry is always lovely, and the amazing concept of bringing people together from Facebook in this way is fantastic.
abderrahman El achari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abderrahman-el-achari.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 33
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by abderrahman El achari »

The book “Love and Resistance” by Marie J. Mond is a collection of poems that reveal the details of heartfelt feelings and mimic innate love relationships wherever they may be. It is useful lessons that will help a person achieve a qualitative change in his life. Good review :techie-studyingbrown:
my regards
Sapna Mallah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Sapna Mallah »

the poetry love and resistance" by Marie j. mond was great poetry, This is a very beautiful poetry collection. It has provided many important information related to life along with love and affection in life.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I am curious about the cover. Is that a red fruit there? Eden and Eve came to mind. I am not really a fan of poetry. Sometimes their meanings elude me. I am also not a romance reader. So I'm skipping this one.
Marygrace Lerin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marygrace-lerin.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Marygrace Lerin »

I've always liked poetries, especially ones depicting life and romance. Love and Resistance seems intriguing, I would love to read the whole book. Great review too.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond is a poignant collection of poems that delve deep into the heart of human emotions. From forbidden love to the chaos of life, these verses capture the essence of personal struggle and the strength of enduring affection. Congratulations on being BOTD!
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: The Mothers
Bookshelf Size: 2401
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I like it when poetry authors play with typography. I think it adds a visual element to the the literary one. But I understand your opinion, and I think this collection presents a relatable array of topics. Thank you for your review.
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 553
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

"Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond is a collection of poems in which the most common theme are human emotions. Friendship, forbidden love, and freedom are common themes in the poems. The book is professionally edited.
Ekassiba Ochuku
Currently Reading: Journeying with God in the Wilderness: A 40 Day Lent Devotional Through the Book of Numbers
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekassiba-ochuku.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Ekassiba Ochuku »

Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond is an interesting collection of poems amazing themes that are very mind-blowing and captivating to read. Thank you for a good review
Prince Ekeoma
Currently Reading: The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Prince Ekeoma »

"Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond. An interesting book, a book with a collection of poems, has to do with human emotions, challenges, experiences, anticipation, friendship amid chaos, domesticity, freedom, and transformation. The poem inspires readers to have hope, and to love unconditionally even in the face of adversity.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”