Review of Love and Resistance

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Naushin Moledina
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Re: Review of Love and Resistance

Post by Naushin Moledina »

"Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond is a poignant collection of poems exploring themes like forbidden love, friendship, and transformation. From "Haiti, You're in My Heart" to "Love Child," each poem offers unique insights into human emotions. While some may find the italics in titles confusing, the book's concise nature earns it a 5-star rating. This is a very informative and honest review. Thank you.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"Love and Resistance: A Book of Poems on Forbidden Love..." by Marie J. Mond is a collection of poignant poems exploring the complexities of love and resistance. With a perfect 5-star rating from Onlinebookclub.org reviewers, it offers valuable insights into human emotions and relationships.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

Well. as a they say, one man's food, is another man's poison. I love italics generally and I don't see anything wrong in using it as titles. In fact, your mentioning it here is what's drawing me to read the book. I can imagine that this book will be beautifully written because of the italics.
Last edited by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo on 31 Mar 2024, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
Rahul Singh 29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: When Business Is Love by Jan Ryde
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

When people fall in love against the odds, their hearts rebel and start writing poetry, and passion blossoms in forbidden spaces, where the soul fearlessly expresses itself in verse. Congratulations to the author, #BOTD!

Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.
Sarvesh J Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarvesh-j-yadav.html
Latest Review: Iron Pigs by Nathan Dunlap

Post by Sarvesh J Yadav »

The beginning of the title seems to show up a beloved theme of romantic love; on the contrary, it covers more universal subjects of insurgency. What's hard about it is the resistance against society, against yourself, and even against this force that wants to put out the spirit.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

Marie J. Monde's book of poems, Love and Resistance, captures the intricacies and subtleties of the human condition via each poem's distinct viewpoint on relationships and existence. This collection of poems contains many educational poems. It receives five stars from me.
Eugine Ingalwa
Currently Reading: The Three Card Trick
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eugine-ingalwa.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Eugine Ingalwa »

This review is intriguing as it touches upon all the key elements of the book. I appreciate how the author establishes a connection with the reader by addressing universally relatable themes, such as friendship, chaos, and love. I look forward to reading all the poems and immersing myself in the profound impact of magical words, creativity, and love.
Dea Creator
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dea-creator.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Dea Creator »

Thank you for the informative review. Your description of the poems and how they explore themes of love has inspired me to get the book. I'm not so sure I would mind the italics, depending on how the author has decided to use them, they may contribute to the poetry by adding a new dimension to the text.
Brittany J Morris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittany-j-morris.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Brittany J Morris »

I am not a poetry fan but this review makes this book sound amazing. It mentions that the book has a collection of poems that touch different subjects and emotions. I love that! As a mom, any writing that can show the love a mother has for her child sounds amazing.
Ram Sahni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-sahni.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Ram Sahni »

Love and Resistance is a moving work that exposes the multiple dimensions intrinsic to the deepest feelings of humans. Despite the fact that the topics might be heavy, there is also a rising theme of a sense of hope and resilience cutting across; this theme serves as a reminder of the strength found in dealing with the emotional spectrum of life.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Love and Resistance by May Lene Reodique is a book of poems about forbidden love, loss, hope, and many such themes on human emotions. The sample pages didn't have even one poem so it's difficult to gauge the book; however, based on the OBC review, it sounds like a lovely collection. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Malleswararao Dasari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malleswararao-dasari.html
Latest Review: Spirituality In Practice by Dr. Krishnamoorthy (Subbu) Subramanian

Post by Malleswararao Dasari »

it sounds like a real rollercoaster of emotions. Covering everything from forbidden love to finding solace in nature, it seems like there's something for everyone. And with just 46 poems, it's a quick dip into some deep feels.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by MMcB »

Forty-six poems with varying positive themes are encapsulated within the book: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond. The reviewer states that the only drawback is the font used to title each poem.
I was unable to actually sample any of the poems because only the titles of each poem were in the Amazon sample. The review, however, makes the case that this book has so many worthwhile themes that it is a book that sounds very interesting. Thank you for the great review.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

I am not much of a poetry fan, but I like this review and it shares the details to look forward to, I also believe I will like the poem "Love Child". Thanks for the review, the author did a great job as well.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I believe this collection of poems is delightful to read, and I admire the theme that shows how love and other emotions strengthen our lives. Thanks for the awesome review!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”