Review of Love and Resistance

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marand Ashish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marand-ashish.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 12%

Re: Review of Love and Resistance

Post by Marand Ashish »

"Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Monday is a strong book with lots of clear pictures from LGBTQ history in the 1960s and '70s. These special pictures show the excitement, fun, and kindness of important protests, showing how different people came together and stayed strong.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I like reading’s poems so I’m looking forward to digging into this book to experience the authors talent in her collection of poems about a wide range of human emotions and experiences, especially the enduring power of love.
Okewunmi Tobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-tobi.html
Latest Review: Chasing Dragons between Dimensions by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg
2024 Reading Goal: 70
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Okewunmi Tobi »

I understand how important it is to explore and connect with our emotions and experiences. That's why I highly recommend "Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond, a heartfelt collection of poems that touches upon themes such as forbidden love, anticipation, friendship amidst chaos, domesticity, freedom, and transformation. I truly believe that these poems will resonate with you and help you gain a deeper understanding of your own feelings. Congrats on BOTD!
Stephen Christopher 1
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Snow That Never Fell
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Photofinish by Cheryl Kerr
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 52%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

I'm not a huge fan of poetry, yet I'm fascinated by the concept of forbidden love has piqued my interest, so you have piqued my interest with this review. The fact that there are 46 poems, and they're short, means I might appreciate these more than other poems. Thanks.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

The themes reveal the fabulous aspects of this collection of poems and the prominent theme is love, as it imparts a lesson of endurance and resistance during adversity.
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

Love and Resistance by Marie J. Congratulations 👏 on your book of the day. It will be impressive and want to read more from inside the book a lot of life-transforming poems are buried inside but I'm recommending it to those who like reading love poem books since I don't like reading poem books. A lot more is written inside the book from the review I read by Azubuike from here, this book is professionally edited. This book can teach how to love and take care of each other thanks to the author for taking the time to write this book for the Lovers of Poem Books. Once again congratulations to the author.
Termi Adeniyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-termi-adeniyi.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Termi Adeniyi »

I like a collection of short poems as presented by Mary J. I also like it's major themes of love, relationships and adversity.

Most part of the poems really resonates with an average person because the feeling and expression of love in diverse ways is universal.

Contrary to beliefs in some quarters, love is not without it's constraints and challenges. I recommend this collection for everyone - lovers and non-overs of poetry. It opens one's eyes to a lot of realities.
paulamr
Currently Reading: The Pro-Achievement Principle
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by paulamr »

Poetry is a perfect vehicle for expressing emotions. Thanks for the review!
Tsegab Desalegn
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Tsegab Desalegn »

I love the book Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond because it helps us to understand the perspective of the others and to learn andlet us manage to live in good way
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

"Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond is a poignant collection of poems exploring themes of love, resilience, and human emotion. With concise yet impactful verses, it navigates through experiences like forbidden love, domesticity, and the enduring power of love amidst adversity. Thanks for the amazing review.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your informative review. I'm glad that you liked it and that it was edited so well. The topics and subject areas in the poems sound great, it's just too bad that there were the downsides about the fonts, etc. I hope that those who enjoy poetry will choose to read this book. As I don't understand poetry very well, I am going to pass on it.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I'd particularly love to read the poems on forbidden love and Marie's thoughts about what its victims should do. Thank you for the wonderful review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Qurat-ul-ain786
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Qurat-ul-ain786 »

"Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond is a captivating collection of poems which address human's very emotion of 'love' that is so dominant and underrated in human emotions and can be seen in every human act whether its friendship, freedom, domesticity, and anticipation. Humans face multiple challenges in their daily life, as narrated by poetess, but they should not stop doing love and hope that is key to every lock.
Melody van Dam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Melody van Dam »

From the beautiful cover to the last poem, I really enjoyed this book.
I love poetry, and try to understand the author feelings when it wrote.
Where the poem came from, what was the circumstance, what's the purpose.
Poems are open for interpretations, and I love this.
The poems in the book are deep and beautiful, full of sentiments.
It's a cozy reading, I'll definitely read again.
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

The book is a collection of wonderful poems with a variety of different kinds of emotions and situations like forbidden love, love of a parent, etc. Thank you for your review!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”