Review of Love and Resistance

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Do Thi Huong
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do-thi-huong.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Re: Review of Love and Resistance

Post by Do Thi Huong »

I love your insightful review. The exploration of various human emotions and experiences through poetry can surely make the book relatable to a wide audience.
byrondsouza
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by byrondsouza »

"Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond is a book filled with a variety of poems that evoke a range of human emotions. Whether you enjoy poems about love, friendship, or other emotions, this collection is sure to captivate you and delve deep into the meanings. Congratulations on being the book of the day!"
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by grace ruhara »

Love and Resistance is a collection of poems that explores on different themes such as friendship, amid chaos and forbidden love.
Himanshu K Yadav
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: Parabolic Magnetic Key by Nicholas Wudtke

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

Without even moving from the place where she is, her words have the ability to transport the reader; whether it's a rush of newfound passion or the ache of loss that is Black, her language simply evokes powerful imagery and invites the reader to delight while feeling alongside her.
Kirui Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

Well, romantic writings are my own. Congrats on the author!
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Atieno Magero »

Love and Resistance seems like a great poetry book. I like that the poems in the book are about various relatable subjects. I look forward to reading this book soon. Congratulations on making book of the day!
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Abiodunakinola »

The collection of poem seems to offer a rich exploration of human emotions and experiences, touching on themes like forbidden love and domesticity, which could resonate deeply with readers seeking introspection and understanding in their own lives. Nice review.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The review of 'Love and Resistance' by Marie J. Mond paints a vivid picture of a collection that delves deep into human emotions and experiences. The diverse themes explored, from forbidden love to the enduring power of love amidst adversity, seem to offer readers a rich tapestry of emotions to delve into. The mention of 'Love Child' as a standout poem speaks volumes about the author's ability to capture the essence of maternal love. The concise nature of the poems, coupled with their digestible length, promises an engaging reading experience.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: The Slippery Road. by L. M. Bollers

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

Azubike Richard, your review of "Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond is insightful and well-articulated. Your appreciation for the book's themes and the lessons it imparts shines through. Your detailed analysis, along with the mention of your favorite poem, adds a personal touch. Keep up the great work!
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Congratulations on the BOTD award. This book is a collection of poems. It captures the complexities and nuances of the human condition. The reviewer has also mentioned this book's pros and cons. Fascinating and worth reading for.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 654
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 62%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Love and Resistance” by Marie J. Mond is a book of short poems that cover a wide range of emotions and experiences including forbidden love, friendship and freedom. Each poem is unique and it covers human emotions and life challenges. Readers can learn life lessons about love and the inspiration to protect the ones we love. The book includes 106 pages with 46 poems, with each poem providing a perspective on life and relationships. The sample only included a list of the poems but none of the actual poems were included. Since the poems focus on the life challenges we face throughout our lives, I am adding the book to my to-read shelf.
Annabell Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annabell-samuel.html
Latest Review: Intermittent Fasting for Women in Menopause by Woods Publishing

Post by Annabell Samuel »

The freedom poetry offers is such that the reader can be in both a realistic and fantasy world without apologies. I like that this collection of poems deals with life and love, something many readers can connect with. Amazing job with the review.
Jatto Onimisi
Currently Reading: Shitolian
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jatto-onimisi.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Jatto Onimisi »

"Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond is a creatively written collection of poems which delve into themes of love, friendship amidst challenges, hope, transformation, loss, and recovery. Its wide breadth of themes transverses the reader across multiple experiences as well as the lessons inherent in those themes. It is an impressive work worth its flowers.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

I like that these poems deal with themes touching on the human condition such as love and friendship. Thanks for the review.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

Love is a beautiful thing and so many poems have been written about it, including poems from the book Love and Resistance by Marie Mond. But it's not always sunshine and rainbows. Being human comes with so many emotions and we feel every emotion during our life time. I will be glad to read this book to know what the author says about all the different emotions.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”