Review of Life is but a poem

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: My Life's Stirring Adventures by Tom Leech

Review of Life is but a poem

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Life is but a poem" by Peter King.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life’s but a Poem by Peter King is an enjoyable poetry book where the writer takes us through many stages and topics in life using his beautifully rhyming poems. The poems feel so smooth that you can just keep reading without a problem. The book handles many topics in life, like youth, imaginary friends, sports, love, seasons, traveling, getting old, and even politics. You'll feel it doesn't talk about something specific, yet it talks about everything. The poems are short and descriptive; they don't let you get bored.

I like rhyming poetry, and I enjoy it. They always make me smile. It is best when it doesn't feel forced and just flows. I like that the book didn't feel complicated and that it showed the writer's points of view. I also liked the diversity in the book. It felt like telling some stories from here and there. This would make it a good choice for most people. I also need to salute the positivity and optimistic look the writer used to address the topics he tackled.

I found nothing to hate about this book. I would have preferred if poems were better organized, where each new poem started on a new page. I believe it would have decreased some confusion. However, it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the book. The poems were organized in a different way. It felt like we were going through a life journey through the poems. They represented different stages and times.

The book was smooth and enjoyable. It was professionally edited, as I couldn't notice any mistakes or errors while reading it. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars. I believe the book will suit poetry lovers who are not seeking complicated and overly-done pieces. Instead, it's a book with a nice flow and beautiful poems.

Life is but a poem
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”