Review of The day of the ravens

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Fleeting Moments by Michelle da Silva Richmond

Review of The day of the ravens

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The day of the ravens" by Bradford Ingram.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Day of the Ravens is a book of poetry for children written by Bradford Ingram. Angels were singing a lovely tune, but as soon as ravens showed interest in what they were doing, they stopped singing and hid. However, the ravens attempted to sing for them, but the angels were unaware that they were singing, and the sounds they made frightened the angels, causing them to flee. If the angels aren't unable to understand the ravens, how can they let them know how much they appreciate their song?

The story behind these poems is likely to make you cry, and I really think you should read the foreword because it will change how you understand these poems. A member of my family passed away not too long ago, and I have been having an awful time dealing with the loss. These poems, which flow into one story, provided me with some comfort, and I believe that he would have appreciated reading this book. The fact that the narrative, despite being written in poetry form, is straightforward and simple enough for youngsters to comprehend, in addition to the fact that the visuals are visually appealing, makes this book an excellent choice for young readers.

The visuals were a wonderful complement to the poems, and I adored both the story and the lesson that the author was attempting to impart through them. In addition, I read the book at the ideal time because I am going through a loss of myself, and it has truly assisted me in working through the feelings that have been plaguing me.

This book gets a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars from me because I couldn't find a single thing to criticise about it. The moral of the tale is heartwarmingly beautiful. Along with the graphics, the one-of-a-kind story will unquestionably capture a child's attention because it is so interesting. The book has been edited to perfection, in my opinion, because I couldn't find any mistakes in it.

Because it contains such a heartwarming message, I think that any child between the ages of 3 and 8 would benefit from reading this book.

The day of the ravens
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don't typically enjoy poetry because, for the most part, I don't understand it. You said that even young readers would get it so maybe this is the one that I should try. Thanks.
Mianofaith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mianofaith »

I have disliked poems since I don't understand them ,but after you stated even young readers can understand it . I am eager to try it . Thank you .

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”