Review of Finding My Wings

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Francis Kapola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Re: Review of Finding My Wings

Post by Francis Kapola »

The imagery coupled with the verses painted a vivid tapestry of emotions, leaving an indelible mark on my soul. This book truly exemplifies the beauty and potency of poetic expression.
Sky Revews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sky-revews.html
Latest Review: The Divinely Sinful Saints by Itotko

Post by Sky Revews »

I have read other books of Leon-Gonzalez’s and have found some poems in each of them that have helped me overcome something that I hadn't realized I was going through. Very therapeutic. The poems are very related to what is going on in the world and coping with the death of a loved one.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: The Inheritance by Donna Sundblad

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

Congrats on BOTD! I don't read poetry that much. I'm afraid that it will all go over my head. But I like the meaning of the poem that was quoted in this review. I'm sure many people enjoy reading this book.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The reviewer's personal connection to the poems in the "What It Is to Persevere" section adds a layer of authenticity and relatability. It's encouraging to hear how the poetry provided fresh energy and courage, making me curious about the transformative power of the collection.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process by Diana Donnelly

Post by Chad Anthony »

The review beautifully captures the essence of Sandra Leon-Gonzalez's poetry collection, highlighting its thematic depth and emotional impact. The focus on personal evolution and societal issues resonates strongly, making me keen on delving into the poems myself.
Eva Nyaburi
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

A book we can all relate to: Love, Life and Freedom. Finding My Wingsid a must-read for all poetry lovers. Congratulations on BOTD
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I am intrigued by the author will address issues such as loss and collective victory in this poetry book.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gone With the Wind
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

The author aims to unite with poems that address real personal and societal needs. I like poems like the ones in this book, easy to understand and relate to. Congrats on BOTD!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Bithiah
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Mitzi Perdue
Currently Reading: A God-Balanced Life
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bithiah.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
fav_author_id: 240516

Post by Bithiah »

I discovered that "Finding My Wings" is a poetry collection book after reading the book review. This poetry anthology is appropriate for a broad readership because it tackles a range of social and personal themes as reviewer described. I am eager to read this fantastic book because I enjoy reading poetry so much. The review is written really nicely. Congratulations on BOTD, author.
Renee S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-s.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Renee S »

I am particularly interested in seeing how the author used several poetic devices devoid of unnecessary sophistication. I would appreciate that. Thanks for the well-written review.
PAUL KARANJA MAIMBA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by PAUL KARANJA MAIMBA »

Quite Encouraging. Sandra Leon-Gonzalez has unraveled that poetry is not mysterious as it may sound.. Thanks to the official review for revealing that poetry can evoke human feelings as much strogly as that. I have nurtured my resolve to start reading poems, not only for enjoyment but for deeper understanding. I recommend it strogly.
PAUL KARANJA MAIMBA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by PAUL KARANJA MAIMBA »

:techie-reference: Quite Encouraging. Sandra Leon-Gonzalez has unraveled that poetry is not mysterious as it may sound.. Thanks to the official review for revealing that poetry can evoke human feelings as much strogly as that. I have nurtured my resolve to start reading poems, not only for enjoyment but for deeper understanding. I recommend it strongly. :techie-reference:
Nikita Suthar 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikita-suthar-2.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
2024 Reading Goal: 6
2024 Goal Completion: 100%

Post by Nikita Suthar 2 »

This book is fantastic journey of life, love and self-discovery of Sandra Leon-Gonzalez's poetry collection. Wonderful review!!
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 87803
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1538%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

his collections is a testament to huankinds resiliency without shying from darkness thats led to such a need for survival.. i like this book
Ouko Okach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Ouko Okach »

Finding My Wings by Sandra Leon-Gonzalez navigates personal growth and societal issues through evocative poetry. The reviewer appreciates its impact on self-discovery, the effective use of poetic devices, and commendable social justice advocacy. Meticulous editing and a five-star rating make it a recommended read for poetry enthusiasts. Viewer discretion is advised for revealing imagery on page 41.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”