Review of Nature has a place

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Review of Nature has a place

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nature has a place" by Richard A. Chapman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I want to start by describing how I felt reading this book. While reading, I had this image in my head of the writer sitting under a tree that doesn't have many leaves. I saw him watching his surroundings and writing about them. The tree wasn't the same all over the book because the writer moved from one scene to the next, giving us those poems as different descriptions of nature in many different forms. In Nature Has A Place, Richard A. Chapman describes many elements of nature. He describes the sun, the moon, and the sky. He tackles places and cities. He describes animals' behaviors. He talks about the night and the sky. He talks about mountains and rivers. He talks about lakes and deserts. He describes the seasons. All of these and more are included in the form of poems in the book.

The book has this calm nature that keeps going from the first page to the last one. I like that it gives you those feelings of calmness and tranquility. When you open the book, you get into its mood. I also liked how the writer was an observer of nature. I like how he could capture all those details and enjoy them. It felt meditative.

Unfortunately, the pace of the book was a little bit slow for my taste. It didn't have that interesting element for me. The poems didn't rhyme, and they weren't a smooth read for me. I didn't come across any errors or mistakes while reading, though. This indicates the exceptional editing the book received. For all the above reasons, I rate Nature Has A Place by Richard A. Chapman three out of five stars.

I guess the book would suit people who are looking for something calming and quiet to read. People who like nature and its elements would like this.

Nature has a place
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
McDonald Lauren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcdonald-lauren.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by McDonald Lauren »

"Richard A. Chapman's 'Nature Has A Place' beautifully encapsulates the myriad facets of nature through vivid poetry. From the sun's radiant embrace to the tranquil depths of lakes, Chapman intricately weaves the essence of landscapes, animals, and seasons, painting a breathtaking picture of the world around us."
Sourav Bodo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sourav Bodo »

You provided a thoughtful review of "Nature Has A Place" by Richard A. Chapman. Your vivid imagery of the writer under the changing tree, observing and describing nature, sets a serene tone. Your appreciation for the calmness and tranquility conveyed in the book is clear. It's helpful that you mentioned the slow pace and the lack of rhyming in the poems, which might not suit everyone's taste. Overall, your review provides valuable insights for potential readers, and your rating of 3/5 reflects your personal experience. Well done!❤️💯
Aleena Augustine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Aleena Augustine »

The calm and tranquil atmosphere is enticing, but your mention of a slow pace makes me reconsider picking up the book. Nonetheless, your insights provide a valuable perspective for those seeking a calming read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: The Incarnation by Arthur Telling

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This review provides a useful insight into the book "Nature Has A Place" by Richard A. Chapman. It highlights the calming and tranquil nature of the book, as well as the author's ability to capture and describe various elements of nature. However, the reviewer mentions that the pacing is slow and the lack of rhyme in the poems may not appeal to all readers. Overall, this review gives a balanced perspective and can assist readers who enjoy calming and nature-focused literature in deciding whether to add the book to their library.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the review, it seems that the book "Nature Has A Place" by Richard A. Chapman is a calming and quiet read that appeals to people who appreciate nature and its elements. The reviewer mentions how the book evokes feelings of calmness and tranquility, and praises the author's ability to capture detailed observations of nature. However, the reviewer also mentions that the pace of the book was slow and the poems did not rhyme, which may not appeal to everyone. Overall, it appears to be a good choice for those seeking a serene reading experience.
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Azaz Raja »

This review beautifully captures the serene and contemplative essence of "Nature Has A Place" by Richard A. Chapman. The imagery of the writer under the tree, observing and documenting nature's myriad facets, sets a tranquil tone for the book. Your description of the book's calming nature and meditative quality provides valuable insight for potential readers. Your honest assessment of the book's pace and style adds depth to the review, allowing readers to gauge their interest. Overall, a thoughtful and well-rounded review that offers valuable perspective on the book's content and appeal.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”