Review of Indelible

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Jason's Magic Journeys by Sylvia Hebden

Review of Indelible

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Indelible" by Mary James Dansby.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Indelible by Mary James Dansby is a rich anthology of poems that skillfully explores diverse human experiences. The collection, marked by its relatable narratives, especially in the realm of love, offers readers a reflective journey into shared stories. With a seamless transition between themes such as romance, sports, and life, the book presents a comprehensive exploration of the human journey.

The resonance of certain poems, particularly those intertwined with themes of love, struck a chord with me, as if they were narrating my own tales. This served as a poignant reminder that our shared human experiences transcend individual narratives, offering a compelling exploration of the universal struggles we all grapple with on this earthly journey.

The book's strength lies in its ability to seamlessly traverse diverse realms—from the intricacies of romance to the intensity of sports and the profound nuances of life. This eclectic range not only captivated my interest but also imbued the work with a sense of completeness. Each turn of the page promised a fresh perspective, ensuring that any fleeting dull moments from the preceding pages were swiftly replaced by a new facet of the human experience.

While navigating through some sections, I encountered occasional challenges in linking lines due to unique arrangement patterns. However, upon reflection, I appreciated this distinctive stylistic choice by the author, recognizing that it added a layer of complexity to the reading experience. Despite these occasional intricacies, they did not significantly impede my overall enjoyment of the book. Additionally, I commend the absence of errors, affirming the professional editing that undoubtedly contributed to the polished quality of the writing.

In light of the myriad positives and the negligible drawbacks, I wholeheartedly rate Indelible a perfect 5 out of 5. This book is not merely a collection of poems; it is an invitation into the rich tapestry of human emotion and experience. I enthusiastically recommend it to poetry enthusiasts and those embarking on their poetic journey, as it promises to be a captivating exploration of the poetic landscape.

Indelible
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lisa P Cowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The one that kills you by Rick Rothermel

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

I am not a lover of poems, but every paragraph of the review gives me very good reasons to want to try this one despite the negative aspects listed. There's a lot to see here.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Jason's Magic Journeys by Sylvia Hebden

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

Lisa P Cowling wrote: 20 Jan 2024, 06:02 I am not a lover of poems, but every paragraph of the review gives me very good reasons to want to try this one despite the negative aspects listed. There's a lot to see here.
Thanks for the comment. You should probably try it.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”