Review of Speed Bleeding

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Savina Visintin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Review of Speed Bleeding

Post by Savina Visintin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Speed Bleeding" by Taylor X.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Speed ​​Bleeding is Taylor X's fourth poetic collection. In it, the author collects poems regarding social justice, racism, love, his relationship with God, and other contemporary and everyday topics. The poems are written with insight and do not fail to highlight the contradictions of our society and the injustice that often comes with them.

I must say that I often read poetic collections, but I rarely find any that make a strong impression on me. Speed ​​Bleeding is one of those books that surprised me because you immediately realize the author's acuity and ability to express concepts and feelings in the most personal way. Because of the sensitive issues he addresses, his readers must pay close attention and reflect on his writing. What is memorable for me is, above all, Taylor X's representation of various forms of injustice that a person can find in our society, which I believe to be the most interesting and controversial topic of our time.

Another thing I liked about Taylor X is that he is explicit and straightforward, aspects that sets him apart from poets who use general or vague terms. Thus, the reader has no doubts about the meaning of these poems and the collection as a whole.

I would also add that the photographs are beautiful. They are an excellent addition to the poems, and the fact that they are in black and white is absolutely perfect for this book.

The only negative side of Speed ​​Bleeding is the typographical errors. It is a pity that I came across so many of them while reading, especially given the quality of the verses.

Because of the typos, I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars; otherwise, it would have received a higher rating. I recommend reading this book to all poetry enthusiasts looking for intense verses that make them experience emotions that traditional poetry could never make them feel.

Speed Bleeding
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

A very honest and informative review. You mentioned both positive and negative aspects of the book, which I appreciate. I would love to read this book now. Thank you.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

I usually don’t care for poems but this book has me re-evaluating my thought about them. I love art that moves my emotions and this collection of poems sounds like it does just that. Hopefully all the errors get fixed so the book can truly shine ✨ Thanks for the great review and recommendation.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

The review suggests that "Speed Bleeding" by Taylor X is a compelling and thought-provoking collection of poems. The author's ability to express personal concepts and feelings, particularly regarding social justice and injustice, makes a strong impression. However, the presence of typographical errors detracts from the overall experience. Despite this drawback, the reviewer recommends the book to poetry enthusiasts seeking intense verses that evoke powerful emotions.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the review, "Share Speed Bleeding" by Taylor X seems to be an engaging and thought-provoking poetic collection. The author's ability to address sensitive topics and express concepts with clarity sets this book apart from others. However, the presence of typographical errors is a downside. Overall, it appears to be a worthwhile read for poetry enthusiasts seeking intense and emotionally impactful verses.
Ruth Andanje
Currently Reading: Women with Partners in Prison
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-andanje.html
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Ruth Andanje »

Seems like my hunt for a poetry book has been cut short after reading your fantastic review. Poetry has never been my cup of tea, but I am trying to give it a shot and your review made me want to take a look at this book. Hopefully it is as good as it sounds on this review.
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”