Review of So, you're just going to love her, forever?

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rashad Deniro Price
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Review of So, you're just going to love her, forever?

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "So, you're just going to love her, forever?" by Wulan SS.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"So, You're Just Going to Love Her, Forever?" is a diary blended with some poetic elements. In this book, Wulan SS shares her love life, and in this, we see what it means when one has to grapple with the realities of one being chased after by someone one does not feel any connection to and one falling in love with another person who, due to certain commitments, cannot return the same energy. The entries have a date and time record detailing the various incidents that occurred and the variety of emotions that were felt.

This book is a raw account of "divergent energies" and dying wishes, and I did connect with it at various levels. I guess most people have experienced what the author wrote here: "Someone else is out there buying me jewelry I cannot accept. Life is crazy right. The one I want I cannot have, the one that wants me I do not want" (page 28 of 64). They say life is unscripted. This is just an instance of it. I found this to be the most impactful aspect of this book. It is a common struggle, and her sharing her experiences may help those caught in such a corner summon the courage to accept the facts and reality and move on.

In this book, I noted the various ways the author responded to the realization that she couldn't just have things her way. While I wasn't comfortable with some of her reactions and outbursts, like her eternal hatred for the man she couldn't have for herself and wishing that if she ever found herself in hell, the pain would be greater than that caused by her heartbreak, I do acknowledge their validity and peculiarity. A broken heart has every right to "bleed," and we all "bleed" in different ways.

The word choices are outstanding. The author has a great way of expressing her desires, emotions, and frustrations. I connected with them. They formed clear pictures in my mind's eyes. The line, "I would like you to know that I scream for you in the most silent of ways," reminded me of the realities of "bottled" desires and intentions. However, there were instances where commas were used instead of full stops, and it was difficult for me to classify them as errors because I suspected the author was utilizing her poetic license. I suggest the author look into them. I found a few objective errors in the book.

"So, You're Just Going to Love Her, Forever?" earns 5 out of 5 stars for the vivid, raw account of what life could be like when our earnest desires become elusive. I do not think the above concern warrants the removal of any stars. Those going through tough times in their relationships should find this book helpful. They might discover the need to accept "what is" and prepare themselves to welcome new opportunities. This book is also a good choice for lovers of the diary genre.

So, you're just going to love her, forever?
View: on Bookshelves
Kirui Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

Love conquers everything. I want to know more about Wulan's love life. Thanks for the review.
Emmanebo
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emmanebo »

"It seems like 'So, You're Just Going to Love Her, Forever?' provides a candid exploration of complex emotions and the unpredictable nature of relationships. The author's raw account of grappling with unrequited love and conflicting feelings is relatable, reflecting the unscripted nature of life. While some reactions may be uncomfortable, the book captures the varied ways people respond to heartbreak. Your acknowledgment of the validity and peculiarity of these reactions shows an understanding of the diverse ways people cope with the pain of unfulfilled desires. Thanks for sharing your insights."
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

The review highlights "So, You're Just Going to Love Her, Forever?" as a raw and impactful diary blended with poetic elements. It captures the struggle of unrequited love and the challenge of accepting reality. The author's descriptive word choices effectively evoke emotions and generate relatable visuals. While there were some punctuation concerns, the overall rating remains high. This book seems like a good read for those experiencing relationship difficulties and fans of the diary genre.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

This diary/poetry book reminds us all of the uncertainty of life, pointing out that anything can go any way, irrespective of whatever sacrifices or effort we have made to make it go out own way. I can relate with the author's aspirations and frustrations (anyone who has gone through heartbreak or relationship failure should easily relate with this).

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”