Review of Thoughts & Musings

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Seetha E
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Review of Thoughts & Musings

Post by Seetha E »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Thoughts & Musings" by PK Rankin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Expressing complex and intense emotions and connecting with readers can be challenging. However, P. K. Rankin achieved this with ease through his book Thoughts & Musings. The book presents a collection of poems and short prose pieces that reflect his emotions during different stages of his life. The works are divided into three categories: life, love, and the human condition.

The author of the book emphasizes the significance of compassion and understanding for everything around us in the first section. The poems featured in this section were written over a long period of time. These poems are quite thought-provoking and draw readers into the author's world. One poem describes the quest to understand the purpose of life, which often eludes many until the end. Another poem suggests that as we age, we should mature in our actions while still cherishing the child within us and our dreams. This section also includes poems dedicated to the author's grandmother and father, as well as poems titled "Freedom" and "No Heroes," both of which are incredibly thought-provoking.

Love is an incredibly powerful force that influences each one of us at some point in our lives. When we share love with someone, it brings us immense joy. However, we are often left heartbroken when love is lost or not reciprocated. Love is not something that can be demanded, but rather, it must be earned. This is expressed in the poem "Lament for Love," which explores the journey of finding the right person and the experiences that teach us the true meaning of love. Furthermore, the author emphasizes that only God loves us unconditionally, and thus, his surrender to Him is beautifully expressed in the poem "My Love for Thee."

The last section of the book focuses on human behavior. Some of the thoughts expressed include the presence of good and evil within us, the loss of dignity due to pity, the battle between the heart and mind, the experiences of a soldier, and a heartwarming message to his son. The final poem, "The Final Hour," serves as a fitting conclusion to the book.

The author has successfully managed to encourage introspection and reflection on various subjects based on the personal experiences of the reader. I personally agree with the author's point of view that love has a different meaning once we understand its true essence. It is vital that we treat one another with love and respect rather than foster an ego. I also resonate with the author's thoughts on pity. Our actions will ultimately count on the final day, so we should be thoughtful. I strongly support this idea as well. The book has several interesting titles that I urge you to explore.

I have nothing negative to say about this book. The author's words and emotions are beautifully complemented by the sketches and other images included in the book. Additionally, I can confirm that the book is professionally edited, and the editors have done an amazing job. Considering all these factors, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to mature readers. If willing to reflect on its themes and messages, there are many that the reader is likely to resonate with from the thirty-plus titles.

Thoughts & Musings
View: on Bookshelves
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I love books that have a collection of short poems. I haven't finished reading your review yet and I would like to read this book haha.

I think the message it conveys and the values it highlights are very good.

Excellent book, I will take it into account. Excellent review, as always. :tiphat:

Thanks for your review, see you next time :techie-studyingbrown:
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Post by Seetha E »

Hey Bettny,
Thanks for taking the time to read the review and leaving a feedback. I am glad the summary has you interested. Happy reading 📚
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for providing such a thorough and enthusiastic review of Patricia Conroy's "Mockingbird Moon". Your observations regarding the book's captivating plot, outstanding visuals, and educational value are useful to future readers. It's encouraging to learn how the author was able to pique people's interest in nature and bird watching. Your personal connection to the narrative, together with the recommendations for different audiences, gives dimension to the review. Excellent job conveying your passion!
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

The review of P. K. Rankin's book "Thoughts & Musings" is overwhelmingly positive. The reviewer praises the author's ability to express complex emotions and connect with readers effortlessly. The book is a collection of poems and short prose pieces divided into three categories: life, love, and the human condition. The poems are thought-provoking and draw readers into the author's world. The reviewer particularly appreciates the author's exploration of compassion, understanding, and the true meaning of love. The book also covers various subjects such as good and evil, dignity, and the battle between the heart and mind. The reviewer finds the book professionally edited, beautifully complemented with sketches and images. They rate it 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it to mature readers. Overall, it appears to be a good and engaging read, exploring deep emotional themes.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The way P. K. Rankin explores life, love, and the human condition seems truly captivating. I'm particularly drawn to the author's emphasis on compassion and understanding in the first section, and the poignant exploration of love in "Lament for Love" resonates with me. Your positive remarks about professional editing and the beautiful complement of words with sketches have heightened my anticipation.
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Azaz Raja »

Thank you for your thoughtful review of "Thoughts & Musings" by P. K. Rankin. The book, a collection of poems and prose, resonated with you for its ability to express deep emotions and connect with readers. Divided into themes of life, love, and the human condition, the work prompted introspection and reflection.

You appreciated the author's emphasis on compassion, understanding, and the essence of love, finding resonance in his words. The book's professional presentation, including sketches and flawless editing, further enhanced your experience.

You rated the book 5 out of 5 stars, recommending it to mature readers open to reflecting on its themes. Thank you for sharing your insights.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”