Review of Starlight Life

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Review of Starlight Life

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Starlight Life" by N.C Brightman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Starlight Life by N.C Brightman is a 77-page book filled with self-empowering poems. The poems are packed with serious topics such as loss and self-doubt. Each has a short length of one to two pages. The poems can stand alone, but they fit together well in this inspirational book. Several of these poems have illustrations by Gibble Pot to accompany them. This is Brightman’s debut book, and it is a great start.

I like the positivity that the book projects. Even though many of the poems are about emotional subjects, such as loss and grief, they made me feel motivated. The author has an amazing way of being realistic about these subjects while making the reader feel ready to take on the world. This is a difficult balance to maintain, but it is done well in this book. Another aspect of the book that I enjoyed is the broadness of the audience that this book appeals to. The author brings spirituality into the book. However, this is done in a way that the book is suitable for readers of any religion or non-religion, which I appreciate.

Unfortunately, there are a couple of aspects of the book that could use improvement. For example, the rhythm and rhyming patterns are inconsistent throughout the poems. I like seeing variety in the structure between poems. However, this book has inconsistencies within the individual poems. The poem will start with one rhyming pattern then randomly switch to another. I found this to be distracting. This style might appeal to readers who are a little more open-minded than me when it comes to the structure of poetry.

The book also doesn’t seem to have been professionally edited. There are many errors and typos throughout the book. Most of these errors are minor, but they are still distracting to see. I can often overlook most grammar issues in poetry due to poetic license, but there are far too many to overlook with this one.

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. It is a good debut book with inspiring poems. I enjoyed reading this book and liked the feeling I had after reading each poem. I took off a star due to the editing and the issue with the rhythm and rhyming. I would suggest this book to readers who like poetry, especially if they are dealing with self-doubt or have recently lost someone.

Starlight Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

This review provides a balanced perspective on the book "Share Starlight Life" by N.C Brightman. Despite some issues with inconsistent rhythm and typos, the reviewer finds the poems inspiring and uplifting, particularly for those dealing with self-doubt and loss. The broad appeal and positive tone of the book are highlighted as its strengths. Overall, it seems like a good debut read with room for improvement in editing and poetic structure.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The way the author handles heavy topics like loss and self-doubt with a positive and motivating touch has me hooked. I appreciate that the book caters to a broad audience, incorporating spirituality without alienating readers of different beliefs. Despite some rhythm and editing issues, your 4-star rating and the overall inspiration you felt after each poem convince me that this debut by N.C. Brightman is a worthwhile read.
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Azaz Raja »

Thank you for your insightful review of "Starlight Life" by N.C. Brightman. It's great to hear that you found the book's positivity and motivational tone uplifting, despite its exploration of serious topics like loss and self-doubt. You appreciated the author's ability to make these subjects relatable and inspiring.

Your feedback regarding the inconsistencies in rhythm and rhyming patterns within the poems, as well as the editing issues, provides valuable insight into areas for improvement. However, you still found the book to be a good debut work with inspiring content.

Your recommendation for readers who enjoy poetry, especially those dealing with self-doubt or loss, is helpful for potential readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "Starlight Life"!
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

A fair assessment of N.C. Brightman's book "Share Starlight Life" can be found in this review. The reviewer considers the poetry to be inspirational and motivating, especially for people who are struggling with loss and self-doubt, despite certain problems with irregular rhythm and typos. The book's optimistic tone and wide appeal are emphasized as its strongest points. In all, it appears to be a decent first read, however the poetic structure and editing may use some work.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”