Review of The Honey in the Hive

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: Chasing Tales by Christine J. Logan

Review of The Honey in the Hive

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Honey in the Hive" by Christa Elise Hill.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Alright, folks! I request that you find a quiet corner and wrap yourself in the comfort of your favorite blanket because we’re about to dive into the magic of The Honey in the Hive by Christa Elise Hill, a poetry book that's not just about rhymes and verses but spins a whole story. When you read the heartfelt poems in this book, you’ll feel as though she's taking you on a rollercoaster ride through life, and let me tell you, it's a journey worth taking.

From the get-go, you can feel the realness oozing from the pages as Hill kicks things off with a reality check—life ain't all rainbows and unicorns. But there's a beauty in the chaos, and that's where this collection shines.

To begin with, the poem "Cancer," one of my favorite poems in the collection, hits you right in the feels. It's a gut-wrenching dive into innocence robbed by illness, showcasing the struggles faced by kids dealing with something way beyond their years. The imagery here is so raw; you can almost hear the hospital sounds.

Then there's "My Forever Favorite Days," a blast from the past, a trip down the memory lane of reckless youth. Hill captures that fearless attitude we all had once upon a time—swinging from the woods, not giving a damn about bruises, and thinking life was just one big thrill. Ah, those were the days!

And now, let's talk about The Honey in the Hive itself. This metaphor runs through the entire collection like a golden thread. It's all about the hidden truths and the stuff beneath the surface. The hive becomes a symbol—sometimes a sanctuary and sometimes a trap—just like life itself.

Further, there is a poem titled "The Anxious Thoughts" that feels like a punch to the gut, as it describes the suffocating feeling of anxiety. It's the kind of poem that hits close to home if you've ever felt the weight of your thoughts dragging you down. And another poem titled "Never Turning Back" is all about breaking free. It talks about that moment when you let go and fall, embracing the freedom that comes with being true to yourself. It's that feeling of standing up, dusting off, and saying, "I'm doing me; no turning back."

Now, relationships take the stage. "Galactic Love" and "A Piece of Me I No Longer Own" delve into the complexities of love and how it can leave scars. The sun, the moon, and counting cars—it's like a poetic snapshot of passion and heartbreak.

And let’s not forget the poem titled "Honey," which is a sweet reminder that even in life's messiest moments, there's a chance to create something beautiful. Just like the timely work it takes to make honey, turning challenges into sweetness is a skill we all need.

All in all, The Honey in the Hive is a rollercoaster of emotions. It's like Hill bared her soul on these pages, and you can't help but feel connected to the highs and lows she's experienced. Thus, considering my wonderful experience reading this heartwarming poetry book, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. There is not a thing I disliked about the book. Moreover, it is exceptionally edited, and I did not find a single error.

So, what are you waiting for? Go grab a cozy spot, maybe a cup of coffee, and get ready to take a heartfelt journey through the honey-filled hive of life. Christa Elise Hill's crafted something real, something that sticks with you, and that's what makes this collection an awesome read.

The Honey in the Hive
View: on Bookshelves
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

This review of "The Honey in the Hive" by Christa Elise Hill paints a beautiful picture of a poetry book that takes readers on an emotional journey through the highs and lows of life. The heartfelt poems, such as "Cancer" and "The Anxious Thoughts," evoke deep emotions and resonate with readers. The metaphor of the honey-filled hive adds a layer of depth to the collection. Overall, this review highly recommends the book, giving it a perfect 5 out of 5 stars rating.
Santoya Robinson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Santoya Robinson »

This review really shows how powerful a poem can be. It also shows how the mind paints pictures and create different scenarios only from reading.
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

While I am not a lover of poetry, I enjoy analyzing poems once in a while. This book of poems has lesson-filled poems which I would love to go through. Beautiful review.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

Christa Elise Hill's poetry book, The Honey in the Hive includes a complete story in addition to rhymes and poems. You'll feel as if she's taking you on a rollercoaster ride through life when you read the poignant poetry in this book, but trust me when I say that the trip is well worth experiencing. You can sense the authenticity leaking from the pages right away since Hill begins with a sobering reminder that life isn't all sunshine and unicorns. However, this collection really shines when it comes to the beauty that lies in the turmoil. I am eager to read this book and was inspired by your review. It's impressive how well you were able to convey the book's details. I'm grateful.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”