Review of Five Dreams

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Review of Five Dreams

Post by Abraham Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Five Dreams" by Elizabeth Michaud.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Five Dreams is a compilation of poems on five different themes. The first set of poems talked about the beauty of love and the waiting game. They talk about the beauty of waiting patiently, the wild ride of infatuation, and the frustration of being kept waiting, even playfully blaming the clock for it. These poems expressed emotions tied to love and loss while exploring the promise of love enduring through eternity. The poems create room for reflection and deep thinking. Grab a copy of this book to find out the other themes of the poems in the book and what they are all about.

I had a great time reading these poems. Reading them took me to a whole new realm where I was able to imagine and paint clear images of the poems. The rhymes were lovely and creative. One poem I liked the most was "Wife." Not only did I enjoy the content of the poem, but I also liked how the poem was arranged. It was looking like a pyramid in landscape view. This shows how creative the author is. She creates art that is pleasing to the mind and the eyes.

I was not too fond of something in the book. In some poems, like “Have No Doubt,” I noticed that there was no punctuation in the poems. I perceived that this was the author’s personal choice of writing, but it just did not sit well with me. This is just a personal dislike, and it did not affect the overall enjoyment of the book, so I rate Five Dreams by Elizabeth Michaud 5 out of 5 stars.

This book was worth every second I spent on it. It was void of errors and was exceptionally edited. I recommend this book to lovers of poetry and the arts in general.

Five Dreams
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

Your review of "Five Dreams" by Elizabeth Michaud beautifully captures the essence of the poetry collection. Your appreciation of the imagery, creativity, and emotional depth conveyed in the poems shines through, making it a compelling recommendation for poetry enthusiasts. Well done!

Thanks for sharing your reading experience with us!
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Ringle Nashak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ringle-nashak.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ringle Nashak »

One poem I liked the most was "Wife." Not only did I enjoy the content of the poem, but I also liked how the poem was arranged
Biswajit Barman 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

One standout poem in the collection, "Wife," showcases the author's creativity and artistic vision. Not only does the poem offer poignant insights into the dynamics of marriage, but its unique arrangement as a pyramid in landscape view adds an extra layer of visual appeal. This attention to detail and innovative approach to presentation sets "Five Dreams" apart from other poetry collections.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

your hints at the diverse emotional range within this section, covering patience, infatuation, frustration, and the enduring promise of love. The invitation to readers to discover the other themes in the book adds an element of curiosity, encouraging potential readers to explore the full spectrum of emotions and topics presented in the poems.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

I am not a fan of poems. However, I love poems about love and this collection appears to be well-written and easy to understand. Your review was detailed; you did an amazing job.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

A collection of poems on five distinct themes is called Five Dreams. The first collection of poems discussed the art of waiting and the beauty of love. They discuss the joys of being infatuated, the beauty of waiting patiently, and the annoyance of having to wait—even jokingly blaming the clock for it. These poems explored the possibility of love lasting forever while expressing feelings related to love and sorrow. The poetry allows for introspection and careful consideration. Pick up a copy of this book to learn about the additional topics and meanings of the poems contained therein. Curiosity is piqued by the book's appeal for readers to explore its other themes, which inspires them to go into the entire range of feelings and subjects covered in the poems.
nyalaziruth
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 2
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by nyalaziruth »

What, Elizabeth, your book is a treasure and reveals much of your experience of waiting, of longing. indeed there is strength in denial and fortitude in disappointments. From this angle I see how suffering can be redemptive if well integrated, so why fear suffering, and disappointments? I do not desire to have them but I will not let myself be down with them...I will arise. thanks, Elizabeth. In the soul of each of us resides tenderness that we can't just pretend is not there....reading this book can transform you inside out...I give a 5 out of 5 stars to her.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”