Review of A LOST BOY TO A FOUND MAN

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Jason's Magic Journeys by Sylvia Hebden

Review of A LOST BOY TO A FOUND MAN

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A LOST BOY TO A FOUND MAN" by Desmond Edmond.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"A Lost Boy to a Found Man" is a compelling collection of poetry by Desmond Edmond, reflecting the author's profound thoughts, environmental influences, and life experiences. The poems, written at various points in Edmond's life, cover a diverse range of subjects, including social justice, family dynamics, and love. Edmond's book is influenced by a variety of experiences spanning the periods during which the various poems were written. It explores the depths of human emotions and delves into the impact of societal and personal growth. The earlier poems are distinctly marked with dates.

One of the striking aspects of the collection is the author's ability to channel raw emotions into the poems, showcasing a remarkable level of authenticity. This is particularly evident in the sessions dedicated to race-related matters, where Edmond poignantly addresses social issues with a genuine and unfiltered voice. The sincerity in portraying these emotions adds a layer of originality that resonates throughout the book.

The writing style employed by Edmond is superb, demonstrating a thoughtful organization of poems that avoids causing confusion for the reader. The careful selection of vocabulary enhances the overall reading experience, setting this collection apart from other poetry books. Unlike some instances in the genre, "A Lost Boy to a Found Man" successfully balances emotional depth with clarity, making it accessible and engaging for readers.

Throughout my reading experience, I encountered no dislikes in the book, as I seamlessly flowed with the narrative. There were no objective errors, signifying professional editing. Given the absence of any discernible dislikes and the author's adept ability to fully immerse me in the book, I am inclined to award it a perfect 5 out of 5 rating.

With its authenticity, well-crafted writing style, and exploration of diverse themes, this book is recommended for poetry enthusiasts seeking a thought-provoking and emotionally resonant literary experience. It particularly appeals to those who enjoy immersive experiences and a flawless reading journey.

A LOST BOY TO A FOUND MAN
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”