Review of Catharsis

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: The Foundation for Peace by Patrick J Roelle, Sr. / Mr. Pat

Review of Catharsis

Post by Robert Andrew »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Catharsis" by Dr. Rachelle Stevens.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Catharsis by Rachelle Stevens is a philosophical book, which she describes as her literary art. The author shares personal experiences and writes on a variety of issues. Drawing from her depth of experience with the people she has met in life, most especially her grandmother, she gives this book as a guide to many out there who are currently in what they feel is uncharted territory and have more questions than answers. From titles on affirmations and encouragement to religious influences to friendship and love, Rachelle takes us on a journey of deep introspection and reflection. 

As the name implies, this literary art is the author's own catharsis, and by sharing it, she hopes that it will help those who truly need it. It is an interactive book, which is one of the things that makes it different from others. There are objectives and goals to take on. The author is not afraid to air her views on issues of racial discrimination or the wrong societal ideas for the female gender. Throughout the book, she doesn't fail to show in her writings her faith and that she is a Christian, and her writings are interspersed with different scriptural references. The book also contains paintings and murals by other artists. 

There were a lot of positives I took from this book and a lot of things I liked about it, most especially the author's view of love. When she writes about the theory of love and the strength of love, it shows a certain depth in her writings, and one who truly understands will help her readers understand the concept of love, which is missing in so many homes today. Love hides a multitude of sins. Imagine a world where we truly love ourselves and everyone knows that he or she is truly loved. A lot of things that are happening today, such as suicides and mass shootings, can and may likely be averted. There is nothing I dislike about this book.

It was a great experience reading this book. The discussions and the questions in the chapters made the book more interactive, which was the goal of the author, and I truly commend the author for such creativity. Dividing the book into different chapters for different topics makes the reading experience more orderly for the readers to follow. The book was exceptionally edited and free of any typographical errors, and I commend the editor for a job well done.

I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. It is a book deserving of a perfect rating; the author's artistry was beautiful, and the words spoke to different needs in the essence of humanity. It's a truly valuable book to have and read, and I recommend this book to men and women, boys and girls, old and young, and everyone living in this world searching for answers to questions regarding life. This book is a journey you take with the author, so be ready for some soul-searching and life-changing truths.

Catharsis
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
El wamerni Mohamed
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by El wamerni Mohamed »

"Catharsis" by Rachelle Stevens is a profound and engaging philosophical exploration that serves as the author's personal catharsis. Stevens fearlessly tackles a variety of topics, drawing from her experiences and offering valuable insights on love, faith, and societal issues. The interactive nature of the book adds to its appeal, making it a transformative journey for readers. Exceptionally edited and thoughtfully written, "Catharsis" earns a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I highly recommend it to anyone seeking wisdom and introspection.
Paschalyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paschaline-goldie.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Paschalyn »

Nice piece.
Biswajit Barman 1
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

Throughout the narrative, Stevens intertwines her faith as a Christian, infusing her writings with scriptural references and spiritual insights. This adds depth and resonance to her message, providing readers with a spiritual anchor amidst life's uncertainties.
Kamala Biswas

Post by Kamala Biswas »

Full of uncertainty still give the goosebumps to the the reader
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

Rachelle Stevens calls her book Catharsis a philosophical work of literary art. The author writes about a range of topics and offers personal experiences. She offers this book as a guide to many people who are now in what they believe is uncharted territory and have more questions than answers, drawing from her extensive experience with the people she has met in life, most notably her grandmother. Rachelle takes us on a voyage of profound contemplation and introspection with her books, which range from affirmation and encouragement to religious influences to friendship and love. Your perceptive assessment was enjoyable. I will definitely read it.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”