Review of One Foot Out of the Box

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: My Life's Stirring Adventures by Tom Leech

Review of One Foot Out of the Box

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "One Foot Out of the Box" by Vanessa Kristovich.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich is a beautiful poetry book that tackles many topics. It is divided into sections, and each section handles a topic. It starts with some nice poems about love and the positive vibes of relationships. Then it moves to the darker, sad side of relationships. Next, it has poems that describe the relationship with God. After that, it talks about the US as a home and some incidents. Finally, the writer shares some thoughts about some friends and lost loved ones.

I really enjoyed the book. It represents what beautiful poetry can offer. Using simple, clear words and telling the story beautifully without elongation requires great skills. The writer started the book by humbly sharing that this was her first experience. You should expect less from a writer's first experience, but I was really impressed. The writer could master all the topics she discussed. I felt that many of the poems touched me. I admire that she dedicated some of the poems she wrote to the people she loved and lost. I saw love and honoring the memory there.

I can't say I disliked anything about the book. I just have a comment on the title and the cover photo of the book. There is a really nice story behind them for the writer. She finally decided to get this book out after a lot of hesitation, hence the name. It doesn't really relate to the content of the book, though. It might give wrong expectations about the book that it's related to self-development. I appreciate the writer's choice and admire the story behind it, but I'm just sharing this thought.

I had a good time reading the book. The writer could transfer me from joy to sadness. She could transfer her feelings to me in a beautiful way. The book received exceptional editing. I didn't notice any errors or mistakes. The title thing didn't affect my experience. Therefore, I rate One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich five out of five stars.

I recommend the book to people who want to spend some lovely time away from the complications of life. People who love uncomplicated poetry would enjoy this as well. There is a whole chapter that talks about God and Christianity. Also, there are some triggers for losing loved ones; if that may affect you, be careful.

One Foot Out of the Box
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prohlife Jobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prohlife-jobs.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Prohlife Jobs »

I do enjoy poetry and based on what you have written about the book here, it sounds like a beautiful compilation. Thank you for the comprehensive review. I look forward to giving this a read vey soon.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t really enjoy poetry. It’s usually because I don’t understand the verse and it is very frustrating for me, but her I think it would be because of the content since you say it is uncomplicated. I am glad, though, that there is literature of this type for those that enjoy it. Thanks!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”