Review of Love and Shadows

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: How To Last Many Hours In Sex by Les Rico

Review of Love and Shadows

Post by Mayang Bature »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love and Shadows" by Lida Dela.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Love and Shadows" is a work of poetry written by Lida Dela to express her personal views on various aspects of human emotions. Several themes were highlighted, including love, friendship, hope, loss, and imperfection, among many others. When you read this book, you will discover the author's views on these issues through an emotionally uncensored lens.

Dela's emotions were obvious from the start, as she spoke from the heart. The words in some of the poems conveyed a sense of sadness, and I could relate to the emotions she was trying to show. I particularly enjoyed the poems about a friend or loved one who lives far away. She expresses ideas that anyone in that position would have considered at least once. Wondering if that person is okay and happy wherever they are, as well as the constant desire to be by their side, struck a chord with me, and I appreciate the accuracy. Believing that the person is fine is something that one must learn to accept.

The portrayal of human imperfection, as well as loving the imperfect despite it, demonstrates that everyone deserves love, no matter how flawed. Loving people has a much greater impact than judging them. This allows a person to ponder these ideas, opening their minds to the lesser-known parts of their hearts. This intense soul-searching leads us to accept dark times as a natural part of life, with the hope that they will pass quickly. These are part of the themes that contribute to the book's allure and make it completely worthwhile.

The author included images in this book to add a visual effect. These images were crisp and clear, contributing to the book's overall calming effect. However, some of these images may seem random at times. For example, a poem about the stars was accompanied by an image of a dancer, and I could not see the connection. Even though titling the poems would improve the book's overall reception, this single aspect was insufficient to detract from the main message.

I give "Love and Shadows" a deserving 5 out of 5 stars because these minor flaws were easily overlooked. Furthermore, the editing was done exceptionally well, as I found no errors. This book would be a delight for those who enjoy poetry and deep, introspective soul-searching.

Love and Shadows
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”