Review of HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THE SIGNS?

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Review of HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THE SIGNS?

Post by Abraham Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THE SIGNS?" by Jo Woodhouse.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

How Can You Not See the Signs? by Jo Woodhouse. Many times, employees suffer in silence in toxic work environments because some are unaware of what a toxic culture truly is. Most accept these toxic cultures because they are not questioned by other employees, and so they become the norm. In her book, Jo, with the help of poetry, passes a message that frowns greatly at toxic cultures in workplaces. This book is targeted at addressing toxic cultures at work. It is for leaders to notice these signs of a toxic culture and for employees to notice a toxic culture. Get a copy of this book to ensure that toxic cultures in workplaces are completely eradicated worldwide.

I found a lot to like about this book. First, the manner in which the messages in this book were written was so easy to understand and quickly grab the message behind the text. Also, this book addresses common and relatable issues most people face at their workplace. Not only does it address these issues, but it also talks about ways they can be effectively dealt with to produce a more balanced work environment for both leaders and employees.

There was nothing to dislike about this book, as the author did her best to portray her messages in a way that a wide range of audiences of most nationalities could benefit from the book. This book has the mental health of its readers and other employees at heart. I found only one error, which may not detract readers from the main story. Hence, this book was professionally edited.

I will rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because of how essential the messages in this book are to so many people in our world today. This book has the ability to kickstart a change in workplaces, eradicating toxic cultures and building a more comfortable atmosphere for work.

I recommend this book to both readers and employees. It's a must-read for leaders and employees worried about toxic workplaces. Leaders learn how to spot and fix toxic behaviors. Employees learn to recognize toxic signs and push for a better work environment. The book stresses real leadership, clear communication, and supporting mental health. If you want to make your workplace caring, inclusive, and safe, read this book!

HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THE SIGNS?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”