Review of Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Review of Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers

Post by Obc Contentor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers" by Archie Luper.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book “Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers” by Archie Luper is a poetic storybook that explores the life stories, musical legacies, and profound influences of the top 50 legendary male and female singers. The author wrote this poem to delve into the historical background, how they started their careers, and the influence they created. He begins each chapter by briefly introducing each singer or band and then delves into expressing their lives, griefs, managerial influence, and successes through poetry. He usually starts with their stage name and then moves on to their Name at Birth, City of Birth, Date of Birth, Age, Year of Active, Age at first performance, Best-selling Album, Genres, Instruments, Label, etc., and ends with Interesting Facts about each singer. Embedded in this book is the story behind these popular singers; you will also unveil the marriages, quotes, and impacts of these singers as you read through this book.

This 121-page book contains 50 chapters, each distinctively discussing the story of a specific singer or band. The author did meticulous work both in the information provided about each singer and in the composition of well-articulated poems. I love and appreciate how the author wrote the poems in such a way that they follow almost the same pattern. Each poem first introduces the singer, then mentions where he or she was born, and also describes their managers. Luper also includes some of their most popular songs in the words of his poem. This work exemplifies both good research and artistic prowess on the part of the author. Specifically, I am elated to read the story of Beyoncé, who is known for her 'Powerful and Dynamic live performance,' and the classic, thoroughly crafted poem that the author describes her with. I love the simplicity of this book; it is not bombarded with idle words. There is nothing specific I dislike in the book; I would love to read it over again.

The book was exceptionally edited, and no errors were found in it. I learned a great deal from the lives and experiences of these great minds that reach the world through their voices. I will gladly rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I strongly recommend the book to poets, music lovers, historians, and researchers. This book is also good for those who love reading quality poetic books.

Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”