Review of From My Soul to Yours – The Poem Journeys of a Mystic Mind

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Seetha E
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Review of From My Soul to Yours – The Poem Journeys of a Mystic Mind

Post by Seetha E »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From My Soul to Yours – The Poem Journeys of a Mystic Mind" by Christian Howard.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

From My Soul to Yours: The Poem Journeys of a Mystic Mind is an autobiography by Christian Howard, detailing his journey as a human in mind and body. The self-published book presents a unique collection of thoughts penned as poems, written in a ten-year mystic period during which he was a devoted disciple of God and a member of Yogananda's Self-Realization Fellowship that carried him into a new spiritual dimension. The poems come from his intuition, guiding him on his realization journey to reach what Jesus referred to as the kingdom of heaven within. He divided them into 15 chapters, showcasing the poems in the order in which they were written.

The book also showcases exquisite artworks that were contributed by the author's roommate, Keith, who was also a devoted follower of Yogananda and a musician. Although the author and Keith eventually parted ways, the author holds dear the memories of their friendship and the way they blended their artistic talents to create something beautiful.

With a strong belief in the power of meditation and an encouraging reading of Yogananda Paramahansa's Autobiography of a Yogi, I was eager to read what the author had to say in From My Soul to Yours. This collection of over 200 poems has plenty of pieces that a meditator and those who feel or yearn to feel close to the Almighty will resonate with.

The first poem is titled Awaken. This beautiful piece encourages us to awaken our inner selves and be mindful of the grace of a higher power. The poet compares a life without this grace to that of a crawling caterpillar, highlighting the importance of embracing our spiritual selves. With this grace, we can soar like a beautiful butterfly with enchanting wings for all eternity. I concur that it's important to renew our trust and faith in this higher power and seek its guidance to enjoy moments of togetherness. We all deserve to feel the beauty of this world and the love it offers.

The concluding poem is titled Welcome. The author's unwavering faith and complete surrender to the Almighty have earned him a special place in His heart. He feels deeply blessed and can sense the divine presence around him. He strives to bring comfort and solace to those in need, using all he has at his disposal. His compassion and kindness make him feel ever more grateful for his blessings, and he hopes to spread that sense of gratitude to all those he encounters.

These are just two of my favorite pieces that I'm sure the reader will enjoy. My other favorites include Best Friends, The Best, Full, Insurance, Know, Most, Kindness, React, Language, Animals, Smile, and more. What I love about these pieces is their simplicity. The author doesn't use fancy vocabulary or complicated verses, yet they convey the message effectively. They explore the concept of divinity within and share that meditation helped them connect with the supreme by looking within. I loved reading each of the poems. To learn more about the author and his works, readers can visit iseternityhere.org/about.

I suggest that the author check the poetry listed in the index against the actual content of the book. Firstly, the index is missing poem number 101, and poem number 110 is repeated twice in chapters 7 and 8. Furthermore, the index lists "Everywhere" as the 10th poem, but "The Gift" is the actual poem in the book. A few more inconsistencies along these lines need to be revisited to ensure that the book is error-free.

On a positive note, I find the book's cover attractive and relevant to the subject matter. I would correspondingly suggest displaying each of the titles in an attractive font and adding a color background to the remaining titles except the pages with artwork. This would enhance the overall presentation value of the book. Considering these two factors, I have deducted half a point each and given a rating of four out of five stars.

I recommend this collection of poems to individuals prepared to engage in introspection while on their spiritual journey.

From My Soul to Yours – The Poem Journeys of a Mystic Mind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your thoughtful and insightful review. I'm not a great lover of poetry myself, and tend to shy away from choosing books about divinity so I probably would not choose this book for myself. However, your description of your favourites is helpful for those interested in this kind of book. I also appreciate your thoroughness in checking against the index of poems.
kabengano best 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kabengano best 1 »

The author's unshakable faith and utter submission to the Almighty have won him a special place . He feels extremely lucky and can sense a supernatural presence around him. He works hard to provide comfort and peace to those in need, using whatever resources he has available. His compassion and goodwill make him feel even more grateful for his blessings, and he wants to extend that gratitude to everyone he meets. These are only two of my favourite compositions, which I am confident the reader will love. My other favourites include Best Friends, The Best, Full, Insurance, Know, Most, Kindness, React, Language, Animals, Smile, and others. What I appreciate about these pieces is their simplicity. The author does not employ sophisticated vocabulary.
Poem very clear to relate woow i really loved it
Seetha E

Post by Seetha E »

kabengano best 1 wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 08:07 The author's unshakable faith and utter submission to the Almighty have won him a special place . He feels extremely lucky and can sense a supernatural presence around him. He works hard to provide comfort and peace to those in need, using whatever resources he has available. His compassion and goodwill make him feel even more grateful for his blessings, and he wants to extend that gratitude to everyone he meets. These are only two of my favourite compositions, which I am confident the reader will love. My other favourites include Best Friends, The Best, Full, Insurance, Know, Most, Kindness, React, Language, Animals, Smile, and others. What I appreciate about these pieces is their simplicity. The author does not employ sophisticated vocabulary.
Poem very clear to relate woow i really loved it
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy reading.
Seetha E

Post by Seetha E »

Jennifer Coxon wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 15:31 Thank you for your thoughtful and insightful review. I'm not a great lover of poetry myself, and tend to shy away from choosing books about divinity so I probably would not choose this book for myself. However, your description of your favourites is helpful for those interested in this kind of book. I also appreciate your thoroughness in checking against the index of poems.
Thanks for stopping by Jennifer. I appreciate your comments.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”