Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

Post by Mary Clarkee »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Brighter Tomorrow" by Lori Schneider, MD.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Reading the poem A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD, has been a very pleasant and soothing experience for me. I am not that big of a fan of poems, but when it comes to this one, I must say I am a very huge one. The motive behind this one is also great. The pandemic of 2020 is one that can’t be forgotten in a hurry. This poem has different parts that touch on different areas of life.

The 2020 pandemic seemed to me like the world had ended. Everyone has a story to tell about how that period was for them. Pandemic 2020 is a part of this book that interests me most because I was alive and experienced everything that happened then. It was as though the world had ended. There was a massive loss of jobs, hunger, a rise in the death toll, and others. Now, sharing our stories and experiences helps us heal and reconnect, just as the author said in the book. I also loved the fact that the author recognized the frontline heroes during the pandemic who were there to combat these enemies and see that there was hope again. There are other fascinating poems in the book that would interest you. I will urge you to get a copy.

This book has a lot of positives, but I won’t fail to mention first what made me read it, even though I am not a huge fan of poems. It was the book title and cover page. The title alone was like a message to me, who has been going through some tough times. The colorful picture was just like a vision of tomorrow with a smile on my face. I gladly began to read the book; it was more than a poem to me and resonated so well with me. There were lots of colorful pictures in this book, which I loved, and the writing style was so relaxing and straightforward. And each section of the poem has a new color that identifies it. I cannot give this book less than five out of five stars due to these qualities.

The only problem I had with this book was the tiny font, which wasn’t easy for me to read due to my eyes. But then I tried to read through. This wouldn’t affect the rating, though it's just something that needs to be looked at. This is a flawlessly edited book, and I will strongly recommend it to fans of poetry.

A Brighter Tomorrow
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

Poems needs deep understanding and I feel no different for "A Brighter Tomorrow" by Lori Schneider, MD. An enjoyable and great review on this poem.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”