Never Judge A Book By It's Cover.

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
MJ Oluwasegun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Never Judge A Book By It's Cover.

Post by MJ Oluwasegun »

We were told It's just a threescore miles from the city to meet the dermatologist at the native side of the Country, Who we desperately desire to meet for the treatment of my friend who had a dermatitis and the blisters are growing severe.
We embarked on the journey with the pink of expectation of meeting the dermatologist after some farsighted 60 miles travel.

We came to a lock-a-squash dingy lousy alleyway! So uncomfortable and retarding force.
Offensively malodorous, noisome, fetid and ill-scented road it was.
Damn exhausting!

As we arrived at the home ground of the country side, we met some cross grained, old-fashioned and whimsical ignoramus with a ugly face, who are obviously woundily native.
We could not mouth with them, not even a homage salutation because of the quondam, provoking and scary look on their faces. We pass them by and went furtherance into the small town seeking a civilised face.

As we got to the urban center of the town, We felt very easy and comfy in hope of getting to our desired destination through the pleased and better-looking faces we are seeing. "Not all that glitters are stars"

But to our sterling surprise, all the good looking and alleged mannered people we met were hostile; very unfriendly.
Everyone refuses to talk to us. "A cat and fiddle" as they look, very unsuitable.

It was so sore and very awful to return home without getting to our desired destination, especially for my friend who is dying of dermatitis, the blisters are mopping up, growing very worst, the skin are itchy too.

"Terrible Adventure" Let return home, lest we perish or become a refugee on our quest.
On our way back at the afore-pass place where we meet the old native people, A kid kicked the ball at us, running toward our direction to get the ball and perhaps to say 'sorry', I speedily took the ball and handed it over to the little dirty kid.
"Thank you stranger, goodbye" said the kid.
"No mention smoothie. Not a goodbye, but a bad-bye" I said.
"Why bad-bye, you don't like this place?" she asked.
"No, I do. It's just about my friend" Then we narrated our reason for visiting the city.

The kid ran quickly to recount our tale to her momma, who beckoned at us then we exchange pleasantries. She accommodated us in her cubicle as she slept outside in front of her door. "The cold is not good for strangers" she said.
These is the woman we have down-looked and bypass at first.

Finally we were able to reach the dermatologist on the second day after all our wasted hours in the rural urban center.
The people we downgraded, Putoff and parry, are the people that got us to our desired destination and saved my friend life.
We were at fault to judge these people by their appearance.

Never judge a book by it cover!
Beauty is not Character.
Salutation is not Respect.
Mansion is not Peace.
The appearance of people does not define who they are.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”