a guest in your own home

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
princess jasmine
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon a guest in your own home

Post by princess jasmine »

growing up i was always told my body was a temple. so pure that it was meant to be kept cleaned. so pure that i should be gentle.
so i cleaned. so we clean the house we were forced to be born in.
the house i was forced to love and keep alive. the house i felt so alien in i didn’t have the strength to survive.
the first time i bled i knew i had to look after this sacred place.
i trimmed the grass when i was ready and i welcomed in my first guest. i was educated to be safe but still making sure he was impressed.
i practiced and still practice my reaction like the millionaire actors for i have waited my whole life to feel life.
this is the meaning of love so they say. as the guests come and go i come to the realisation no one is willing to stay.
this is not making love. this is being someone’s shelter at 4am when they are feeling lonely yet aroused.
this is not making love. this is feeding the starving until they are satisfied enough to say i am full. i never see them again.
everyone wants to look around my house. the house i did not build myself but looked after myself.
i tried so hard to love it. i built it into something teenage boys could only dream of.
i am constantly being told this house was made for one person for any more than that will make me worthless whilst the boys across the street threw constant house parties.
a guest must knock and wait until i welcome him in. i spread my doors wide open for him.
until one day an uninvited guest paid me an unexpected visit. he never knocked. why should he? for i owed him for my sins from a past life.
he broke my door down. physically. he didn’t wipe his shoes clean on the welcome mat. no. he left his dirty footprints all around my house that no amount of therapy sessions will ever give me enough strength to scrub myself clean. to erase all of the traces. all of the trauma. all of the memories. all of the flashbacks. the constant nightmares that haunt me every time i try to sleep in that very same bed.
why? why did this happen to me? maybe i wore too much makeup. maybe my clothes were too seductive. it is my fault. i mean how can i possibly blame a guest? it is my house but not my rules.
no matter how many times people try to convince me that not all guests are bad how am i ever supposed to trust again? when the next time it happens the guest was no longer a guest he had earned the key to unlock my house. he was a regular. but that never gave him the right to claim me. my house was not his to demand.
no means no.
yes makes me a hoe.
-now we are all guests in our own home
blackjack1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackjack1.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
Reading Device: duokan

Post by blackjack1 »

I like the symbolism in this story:) it is very well written. is it from your heart? is it what you really feel? I am curious to know:)
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

It's a sad topic to talk about. But you talked about it beautifully. A guest in your house. I love it.
*hugs*
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
ObianujuJane
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obianujujane.html
Latest Review: The VD Anthology by Various

Post by ObianujuJane »

I feel really emphatic about what happened and I know it a horrible experience for any lady.
Beautifully written and I want you to know that you will find the strength and courage to live again.
Kezia Hall 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kezia Hall 1 »

I really love it, it's short but say's alot

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”