How to be a god

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Daniel A Roberts
Bookshelf Size: 0

How to be a god

Post by Daniel A Roberts »

Greetings! Today, you will find out how easy it is to be a god. Not 'the God' but 'a god' of your very own brand-new universe!

Materials needed: Two pieces of college ruled notebook paper and a sharpened number 2 pencil with an eraser.

Step one. Use the number 2 pencil to write about a little girl going to the store on the pieces of paper. Describe her. The color of her clothes. The color of her eyes. Give her a dollar so she can buy something.

Step two. Continue with the story by describing her environment. On page two, have a neighborhood bully steal her dollar just before she gets to the store.

When the narration is done, no matter how well or poorly written, congratulations are in order! You're now a god!

How so? Easy.

You created the little girl. Heck, you just created her entire universe. To you, she's a character on a story you just wrote. From the little girl's perspective, her world is real. She just got bullied going to the store! She has a sky, neighbors, she even has parents, people you created in your mind but have not yet described. They exist, or the little girl wouldn't be there.

Now it is time to flex your god-like powers! Use the eraser. Change the color of her eyes. Change her clothing type. You can do this by going back in time to the start of her journey, and she will never know how you used your divine power to make those changes. Don't like how the story ended? You're her god for goodness sake. Go and give her super powers! Or have her beat up the bully! You change the outcome, for it is in your power to do that.

It's okay that she doesn't know you're her god. Unless of course, you 'let' her know and have her react to you! That is all up to you, of course. Your little girl, your universe, your own will has brought it all into being.

Before you release this 'how to' guide into the realms of silly thought, there is something for you to consider. You know you're real...from your perspective! Makes you wonder if your own God has written you as a minor character to be shuffled off the stage, or are you a major contributor to the overall plot? You may never know. Also, please watch out for that looming giant pencil eraser in the sky. It really would explain why so many people go missing every year, wouldn't it?

:twisted:
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

Clever and humorous. I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing! :tiphat:
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”