Don't know why

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
stanley
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stanley.html
Latest Review: "Return to the Go-Go" by William Peskett

Don't know why

Post by stanley »

Don't Know Why

but got up on the wrong side of my dark side. So out the door, feet leavin" floor for street, hopin" to meet in the black of first coffee a fiend's redemption.
Don't know why, but gave the guy on the corner with the sign a buck. Watched him tuck it away with a smiley sly. "God Bless, he said.
"Get a job," I almost said, but then felt a sudden better, an idea, that is, ringin' like a bell in my head. "What the hell, why not?' I said.
Ran back home and through the door and out again with cardboard and marker pen. Had me a sign of my own. "HELP!" it yelled, and the bucks came flutterin" in.
Founder now and C.E.O. of a private for profit beneficial foundation. But it needed, you know, a company culture. So hired us a psychological group dynamicist. "Y'all gotta get in touch with the emotional complex in the corporate context," she said.
"Too much," I said, "take a long vacation."
Shoulda felt good, a baggy butt old drop out like me, hirin for firin' a smoothy smug like her of a Phd.
So don't know why I ran back to the neighborhood and through my little door again. Slammed it quick, but too late. The sick side of the dark side of my wrong side had tried to follow me in. Stuck now tight as fate "twixt said door and aforementioned floor. Don't know why, if that's why I might not go out so much anymore.
Latest Review: "Return to the Go-Go" by William Peskett

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”