Dear Diary

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Ayesha Faraz
Currently Reading: Before the Coffee Gets Cold
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayesha-faraz.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Dear Diary

Post by Ayesha Faraz »

Dear Diary,

I don't even know where to begin. Life feels like an endless cycle of disappointment and frustration. It's like I'm trapped in this never-ending maze, desperately searching for a way out, but each turn only leads to another dead end.

I look around, and it seems like everyone else has it so easy. They effortlessly glide through life, while I stumble and trip at every step. Why is it that some people seem to have all the luck while I'm left here struggling to catch a break?

School is a nightmare. The pressure to excel in every subject is suffocating. I study for hours, pouring my heart and soul into my assignments, only to receive mediocre grades. It's demoralizing. No matter how hard I try, it never seems good enough. And the constant comparisons only make it worse. Why can't I be as smart or talented as my classmates? Will I ever measure up?

And then there's my social life, or lack thereof. It's like I'm invisible. I watch as groups of friends laugh and bond, while I'm left standing on the sidelines, desperately yearning for a connection. It feels like I'm wearing an invisible cloak, shielding me from the warmth of human connection. Why is it so hard for me to fit in? Will I ever find my place in this world?

To make matters worse, my family just doesn't understand. They brush off my frustrations as teenage angst or tell me to "get over it." But how can I just get over it when it feels like the weight of the world is crushing my shoulders? I wish they could see the turmoil inside me, the battles I fight every day just to keep my head above water.

Sometimes, in moments of solitude, I find solace in my dreams. They offer a temporary escape from the harsh realities of life. But even in my dreams, I often find myself falling short. The things I yearn for seem so distant, so unattainable.

I know I sound like a broken record, endlessly complaining about my struggles. But sometimes, Diary, this is the only place where I can truly be myself, where I can pour out my frustrations and fears without judgment or misunderstanding.

Perhaps one day, things will change. Maybe I'll find the strength to overcome these obstacles and discover a path that leads to happiness and fulfillment. Until then, I'll continue to navigate this labyrinth called life, holding on to the hope that one day, just maybe, the world will make sense.

Yours sincerely,
A Teenager Lost in the Chaos
Joseph Nj Joseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-nj-joseph.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Joseph Nj Joseph »

Wow nice story
Shubham Basera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shubham-basera.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Shubham Basera »

A very well-written story!
I think it is quite natural to feel like this sometimes, this feeling of not knowing where we are heading. I have learnt that, even during these times, the things that matters is continuing to move on. Doing things that matters. In the end, everything fall in its place.
Great story indeed!

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”