THE MISTAKE IN OUR UNCONSCIOUS MIND

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

One important fact we need to comprehend is that in our unconscious mind, we cannot distinguish between a wish and a deed. We are all aware of some of our illogical dreams, which seem unthinkable and irrational in our waking state.

Consider a child who angrily wishes for his mother to disappear for not satisfying his needs. If, at some point, his mother were to pass away, even if this event is not closely linked in time to his destructive wishes, he may be greatly traumatized by her death. He will likely shoulder part or the entire blame for the loss of his mother, telling himself, "I wished it, I did it, I am responsible, I was bad, and that's why mommy left me."

It's essential to remember that the child's reaction would be similar if he were to lose a parent due to divorce, separation, or any other form of separation. Death, to a child, often seems impermanent, making it not vastly different from a divorce where there's still a chance to see a parent again.

Similarly, when we face undesirable situations or disappointments from people we love, trust, or even from institutions like the government, we should be cautious about what dominates our thoughts. These thoughts can lead to actions, which may not always be beneficial and can sometimes lead to regret. Therefore, even when our minds are unaware of their thoughts, practicing careful consideration and judgment is crucial. Thanks.
:techie-studyingbrown:
HA_Funk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ha-funk.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by HA_Funk »

That's certainly applicable to everyone, memories can influence present thinking without our being aware of it. Setting compassion as a goal in all communication reminds us to think before we speak.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”