Last Goodbye

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Sunny25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunny25.html
Latest Review: The Inner CEO by Jeremy Blain

Icon Last Goodbye

Post by Sunny25 »

I run and run and run like a mad man being chased by forces of the dark world. Today was the day i asked for your forgiveness. Today was the day i gather all the courage i could find just to ask you to be my again. How did time fly so quickly only to end without a second chance. To show you what you truly meant to me.

This call was not part of my agenda. I was getting you, your favorite flower. Rose, my rose. I even ordered your favorite cake and had the perfect gesture and written words to ask you to come back home. Not this call. So, my love i beg you. If you can hear my innermost cry. If my soul can reach you, do not give in. Don't let death win. Am coming with a bleeding heart.
Seeing your beautiful emaciated face on that bed broke me. Like a thousand sword stab in my heart. An endless pain.

Sitting next to you on this bed that we once shared our undying love. It reminds me of all the things we did and all those things we could have done. Wasted on petty quarrels i do not recall and breakup of a wasted time. Time you and i clearly did not have. Hearing your hoarsely breathless voice breaks my heart. My love, my soulmate.

I don't want to loose you again. I know you are fighting too. Fighting for your life. Listening to that feeble heartbeat breaks my heart to a million pieces and am trying to hide my pain. How, can you gather the courage to smile when i am fuming with anger and horror.
I am scared to loose you Rosaline. I am not ready to say goodbye. Tears run down my cheeks as all the memories we once shared together knock me to a standstill.
How, do i tell myself to accept your departure? How, can i wipe away an entire memory! The rain fall reminds me of your warm comfort. The day you dance barefooted in the rain on our wedding day. The little giggles you make during a conversation. The way you look at me. Those warm look that spoke volume of your love. Who will look and love me the way you do! How, do i say goodbye my Love!

How do i say goodbye to my better half?
They say love is as strong as death. Why can't our love defeat death!
Hotter than the coals of hell,
Why are we been burnt by this cruel departure called death.

A decade journey with you seems like a fun trip we took just yesterday.
Yesterday memory that gave me the strength to face today. How, can i face tomorrow without you now? I know and hope your faith in God comfort you in the after life. The flower and the cake slip through my hands as i heard the unwanted long beeping sound. I did nothing other than to stand there in shock. I should have held you tight, hug you so that you know you are not alone.

I silently watch as the nurses cover the face i have grown so accustom to. At that very moment my entire world came to an end.
I could not say goodbye or ask for your forgiveness. Nor, tell you how much you meant to me. In just a twinkle of an eye, you have become a memory.
I miss you.
Can you ever and truly say goodbye to the one you love?
Thus the pain of loosing a love one ever ends?

#Sunshine#

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”