Society

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Jordan Jaramillo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Society

Post by Jordan Jaramillo »

The lonely weed in a meadow of flowers, will they look at me for hours if I was a flower will they
see me for what I want to be or judge me for what they see without getting to know me? would
they look pass me for those that are prettier and make me feel inferior? would they love me until
they find something they deam dearer? would they tear me down if I speak my mind and
prioritize me sometimes? If I wasn't what they wanted me to be perfect to a T would they still
believe in me? The lonely weed in a meadow of flowers.
Chris Konstantine
Currently Reading: Apocalypse Reckoning 2.0
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-konstantine.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Chris Konstantine »

The lonely weed in a meadow of flowers stands out, it acquires a uniqueness that wouldn't be as apparent otherwise. Can you see the light of a candle in a sunlit room? I know you can see it in the dark, and perhaps even appreciate it more.

You, I, we are society. Do we all have to agree? no. But we can and must learn to see the "other", and consider looking at life from different angles.

Sometimes then that weed shows strength and courage, just by being itself, in a society of conformity.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”