"Dear Fellow Painted Soul"

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

"Dear Fellow Painted Soul"

Post by Scott »

If you haven't already, you can sign up to be personally mentored by Scott "Eckhart Aurelius" Hughes (the author of this poem).

Dear Fellow Painted Soul,

I love the ever-dancing paint, but I also love and am in love with the all-accepting blank canvass that is always there, always present--omnipresent--behind the dancing paint.

And I would never wish the paint away, for that paint if anything is perhaps what gives the canvass its use and value and visibility. It's like an invisible ghost wearing a shirt or wearing a bed sheet. I only see it and glimpse its form thanks to the coverings.

Yet, it is often also a welcomed act of wonderful transcendental revelation, when the ghost's full-body outfit tears a little hole for a little bit, and I catch a glimpse of the shocking invisibility and beautiful supernatural revealing emptiness underneath.

It is a welcomed act of wonderful transcendental revelation when the dancing paint for a moment doesn't cover the entire canvass, and reveals some of that beautiful seemingly supernatural revealing empty blankness underneath.

It's the absence of hate and the absence of trying.

It's the absence of resentment and the absence of lying.

It's the absence of resentful unforgiveness and the absence of nonacceptance.

It's the infinite quiet spaciousness and calm beautiful emptiness underneath it all.

As I see it, the spaciousness and beautiful emptiness isn't filled with love, it is the love, the unconditional love.

The principle of "Just Love Everything" isn't something you do; it's the huge infinite list of things you don't do, or at least that is found behind those things when you do them, the love behind the hate so to speak. It's a type of abstinence, a type of emptiness, a spaciousness, a savings.

It's what you see when you let the lies, denial, and illusions dissolve. It is behind the playful masks, hinted at by what's behind the dark curtain on the dramatic stage of dancing figures. When the blanket of deceit and overthinking and overdoing dissolves, it is what is revealed.

Some people can't even see past the most outer skin of things. Even skin deep is too deep for them. To them, the world is a colorful place of different colored skins.

If you look deep enough, you will see the unity and oneness not only of all people but of all things.

I do see your clothing and its patterns and colors, and I do love the colorfulness and diversity, like a beautiful rainbow or glittering flower garden.

I also see through the clothes and skin.

I see the real you.

I see under, past, and through both the literal clothes you currently wear and the human suit you currently wear, in that one little exact spot in spacetime.

I see the real you.

No matter how much clothes you wear, or what clothes you wear, or how those clothes change and evolve across time and space, or how they are different at different points in spacetime, I see the naked you, the real you, the unchanging eternal naked you.

Even if your shirt slowly changes color, or grows thicker, or deteriorates away, I still see the unchanging eternal you that wears that shirt. I still see the real you. I still see the naked you. I still see the invisible. I see, always, the invisible you.

Even if that human suit very slowly transforms into a kitty cat, and even if humans go extinct, I will still see the real you when I look in that kitty cat's eyes. And, even when the kitty cat that is your outfit at that time and place closes its eyes, I will see through its fur and skin, its meat and bones, to see that it is you, the real you, wearing yet another one of your many different ever-changing ever-different outfits.

Your wardrobe is diverse. And I like that. I love that.

But I also see the naked you, under the clothes and skin.

I see the real you.

And I love that even more.

I love your outfits, each and every one, but I love you even more.

With love,
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
a.k.a. Scott

dear-fellow-painted-soul.png
dear-fellow-painted-soul.png (975.89 KiB) Viewed 277 times

---
In addition to having authored his book, In It Together, Eckhart Aurelius Hughes (a.k.a. Scott) runs a mentoring program, with a free option.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti
2024 Reading Goal: 75
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

Incredibly lovely poem! The notion of feeling so completely seen, stripped bare of all but essence, and loved for it - isn’t that among the ultimate aspirational experiences in the human existence?
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Quest: Finding Freddie
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

This poem beautifully captures the essence of seeing beyond the superficial—recognizing the ever-present 'blank canvas' behind all appearances. It's a powerful reminder to look deeper than the surface, appreciating both the visible diversity and the invisible unity of all things. Truly, a call to recognize the 'real you' beyond mere appearances.
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

You have skillfully used the painted canvas to convey deep philosophical and spiritual insights. Thanks for the beautiful and thought-provoking poem!

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”