What Grace Means to Me

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
SALIM RAJAB 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: What Grace Means to Me

Post by SALIM RAJAB 1 »

I love the poem it's a reminder to our lives.
Nelesha Dickenson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Nelesha Dickenson »

This poem in very insightful, it has captivated my taughts and it allows me to view how life is to be lived through grace.
It opens up that life is "just for living", and to always be mindful that in all our doings, we are to give our best while remembering the limits, the dos and the don'ts.
It shows that the decisions you have made and those that you will make in your lifetime is by choice, and therefore your life is what you make it, so if you choose wisely by Grace you will have little to no regrets in the life you live.
Beatrice chepkoech
Currently Reading:

Post by Beatrice chepkoech »

To love and forgive unconditionally,but only trust intelligently. Was motivated by poem
Ntsikelelo Mguga
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ntsikelelo Mguga »

From what I've learned these sound like coated takes from all these clever author's experts and philosophers it does not sound like a poem but a collective of coates about the balance of forces
Mpho Moepi

Post by Mpho Moepi »

"To do your best with the metaphorical cards you’re dealt, without trying to change the cards at all."👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

I am lost for words...very well done.👌🏽
Rodolfo Rico

Post by Rodolfo Rico »

Man, is not hate, but the poem doesn't pass a lyric's exam, in the point of view of literature. I mean, you did abuse of repetition, its rymmes are not well handle; if you are gonna make a poem with free verses there are some things you have to be attached of, like the rhythm, the musicality and be aware of... I don't know how you say it in English, but in Spanish we say something like "bad versing". Things that you cannot pass away when you write a poem, because this is more like a dissertation in verses than an actual poem. I recommend you to read poets, like Emily Dickinson, Lord Byron, Chessterton, Wilde... good poets, no traductions. If you read them I can garantee you that they can teach you one or two things about poetry. Keep it up, and take on count that when one writes, one cannot show mostly about itself, we are more instruments of the art that the creators of something. Learn to see the live pass away, that's a technique to one desperzonalice, but that's a thing I'll not say here. Don't take so hard my critic, are just advices and a exam, things that no much people see in a writting, hope you take it in the right way and improve. Keep writting, keep reading, don't lose the motivation (sorry if I have any grammar mistake).
Aditi A
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi-a.html
Latest Review: Why Does Government Need to be Funded? by Amphidromus
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Aditi A »

The last two verses are pure gold. It is a simple poem one may argue but that's what Tagore tried to collude in his Poem No. VIII of Gitanjali. A poet must at large practice simplicity of words, to not embellish the piece too much that it couldn't enter the great fair human life. Life's already complex, let's leave it to that and all of us shall follow escapism through poetry.
Loraine Plaxedes Kativhu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loraine-plaxedes-kativhu.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Loraine Plaxedes Kativhu »

What a thoughtful and relatable piece. Thoroughly enjoyed all its elements. Gratitude is indeed a good virtue and this piece reminded me of that. Thank you so much!
Indepth!!! :tiphat: :techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown:
Priya Ortiz
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-ortiz.html
Latest Review: Canaries Among Us by Kayla Taylor

Post by Priya Ortiz »

The last thought is the best one in the whole poem because that's the reality of life. We forget that everyday is a gift and an opportunity. We don't have to wait for the right time. If we wake up in the morning then that's the best time of all that we can ask for. Never have regrets, live everyday like it might be your last and you will be able to live it to the fullest
Laura Russo 2

Post by Laura Russo 2 »

I absolutely loved this poem. I do not write all that well and sometimes over explain so I hope this comes across as my intentions want it to.
I think is so well written and I sincerely think it screams of Truth. Balance is so key to all that we as humans have been given. Anything to much one way or the other brings distortion and is a set up for problems. Things are as they are but must always be seen from a place that sits in the middle when viewing it one way or another. Thanks for sharing!!
Milene Dixon-Willoughby
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-milene-dixon-willoughby.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Milene Dixon-Willoughby »

This beautifully crafted poem presents the root of many needing balance in their lives. I love this!
Dale Henwood

Post by Dale Henwood »

It is a beautiful poem ✨️ and just what l needed to read today. We all need a little more grace in our lives, and this poem really encompasses a very well balanced life. Thank you so much for sharing it 🙏🙏🙏
Dale Henwood

Post by Dale Henwood »

'To choose to turn your life around before it is too late and there is no life left to turn around.' Wow!! That thought really moved me. Thank you 🙏
Nicole human
Currently Reading: The Prison of Power
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-human.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Nicole human »

Great explanation of grace
Qurat Ul Ain Syeda
Currently Reading:

Post by Qurat Ul Ain Syeda »

I like this poem as a strong women and I can relate some how for many situations and lines are heart touching ithoughtful nice item . Thoroughly amusing Thanks! :)

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”