What Grace Means to Me

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
David stariha
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What Grace Means to Me

Post by David stariha »

I didn’t care for it’s wording in some cases, like be “brave but not fearless” because while I understand you, it could be…better I think. I recommend you comb thru each line and look for ways to make it more…well poetic. I think it could have been better said to admit to your fears, and be brave, or show courage. Or maybe the courage to admit your fears and bravely face them. Or be brave enough to admit my fears, and the courage to overcome them. I don’t have quite the right mix but I just didn’t like the brave yet not fearless. Maybe the double negative combined with the comparison to bravery is what bothered me. Couple other lines too, like “extremely confidant” I don’t think you need extremely in there. Just confidant. Couple other things: later in the piece I feel the adjectives are not really appropriate. It’s too bad during these reviews we don’t have the piece right in front of us because I can’t now recall which, but what I mean is like “to be tall, yet generous” like, there is not a strong connection there between tall and generous. Comb over it and really fine tune it repeatedly. Not sure if it rhymes but may ne something you want to play around with too.
Anna White 8

Post by Anna White 8 »

I liked this. Thank you for sharing it.
Demetria Mcknight
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Demetria Mcknight »

That poem was a beautiful masterpiece it spoke directly to my soul, an awaking poem.
Blesilda Gonzales

Post by Blesilda Gonzales »

A true essence of living a life full of grace, a balance life to the fullest if only we can do it, by the grace of our Almighty Father we are all live as we see thru HIS eyes, we have a balance within ourselves.
Melba Freeman 2

Post by Melba Freeman 2 »

Soul searching food for the soul,
It's is a very good piece, thank you for the opportunity.
Shanna Hughes 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Shanna Hughes 1 »

I like this and it looks like you but a lot of thought into which is very great
Mary Mutua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mary Mutua »

This poem is all abou the balance and harmony one seeks to achieve in life. It emphasizes on the importance of being confident without arrogance, brave yet acknowledging fear, and stoically tough while recognizing that pain is part of the human experience.

The poem also highlights the value of inspiration without restlessness, calm endurance without laziness, and motivation without greed. It speaks to the essence of enjoying life without being desperate, while still loving and appreciating without jealousy or possessiveness.

Moreover, it touches on the significance of being alive and content, but not stagnant, and treating oneself with respect without losing sight of the greater spiritual journey. The poem emphasizes the importance of inner peace amidst the challenges of the material world and the necessity of kindness without dishonesty.

It also stresses on the importance of assertiveness without aggression, setting boundaries without overstepping them, and being rebellious yet compassionate. The poem also highlights the value of resilience and determination, making the most of one's circumstances while accepting what cannot be changed.The poem is so interesting.
Seema N 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Seema N 1 »

It is a nicely written poem that depicts how thin the line is between confidence and arrogance, and it is quite easily crossed by us unknowingly if we don't keep a check on it. It is always good to keep an eye on the qualities mentioned and see how we can make our lives and those of others better.
Alyssa Rodgers

Post by Alyssa Rodgers »

Thank you for this.
Awali Rajab 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Awali Rajab 1 »

Through the lens of personal reflection, SCOTT HUGHES contemplates the intangible essence of grace. He explores the transformative power of grace, a force that sustains us through life's myriad trials and tribulations. For everyone who has ambitions, and looking ahead to achieve anything this poem is dedication. It was good to read this poem.
Michelle Visser 2

Post by Michelle Visser 2 »

Beautifull, yet there is so much more to grace...

A freedom, an inner peace that surpasses all understanding and a knowing of what it is to be and to belong.....
Perez Yalah

Post by Perez Yalah »

It's grace indeed
I like the poem
Olivia1+

Post by Olivia1+ »

To be rebellious and free,but not a tyrant. To be stubbornly decisive and self determined, but accepting of that which you cannot control. Is something which everyone has to inculcate into their lives and clearly understand to avoid misconception of ideas. Good job
Olivia1+

Post by Olivia1+ »

“To be stubbornly decisive and self determined, but accepting of that which you cannot control” is something we have to inculcate rightly into our everyday lives to avoid taking steps which are not valid enough. Keep up the good work this was inspiring ❤️
Samantha Chambers 7

Post by Samantha Chambers 7 »

"To choose to make where you are now your personal rock bottom before hitting actual rock bottom."

A great perspective shift. Beautiful piece. Balance around fiercly living your inner values, owning yourself, and staying humble and kind. Allowing yourself to be great, knowing what to surrender, and when to action before you're forced to.

Thank you for creating and sharing.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”