Forest Poem

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
AlexNeb
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86

Forest Poem

Post by AlexNeb »

This is something I wrote that helps me relax and cool off. It's kind of rough around the edges and probably not that poetic, more of a chant really.

I am a Great Gray Stone.
I am a Great Gray Stone. Standing in the centre of a clearing.
I am a Great Gray Stone. Standing in the centre of a clearing. In the middle of a Forest.
I am a Great Gray Stone. Standing in the centre of a clearing. In the middle of a Forest. Golden Yellow Leaves fall about me.
I am a Great Gray Stone. Standing in the centre of a clearing. In the middle of a Forest. Golden Yellow Leaves fall around me. Vines of Emerald Green twining around me.
I am a Great Gray Stone. Standing in the centre of a clearing. In the middle of a Forest. Golden Yellow Leaves fall around me. Vines of Emerald Green twining around me. A Brook of Crystal Clear water Gurgles at my feet.

That's all I have for now. However I'd like to add more about where I am and the surrounding areas. I just can't think of anything more. I'm also torn between keeping the place as a Forest or turning it into the Woods. Appreciate any feedback and/or criticism.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

@AlexNeb

Very interesting structure!

Actually, as I was reading this I had the sensation of a movie camera in very close focus to a boulder and gradually backing away to reveal the other elements in the scene. I don't think I have ever encountered this device in any other poem I have ever read. Nicely done!!!
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Susan Gibbs »

I enjoyed your poem. i like how the image of the stone gradually expands to include all the other images. I can see how it would help you calm down and centre yourself. Well done and thank you for sharing. I think I will try a chant to lessen anxiety.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

I like your idea how your lines gradually increases. From the lyrics I understand how beautiful your place is. Keep writing more about your place.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”