The Poised Architect

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Isabella Sya
Currently Reading: Incognito
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabella-sya.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

The Poised Architect

Post by Isabella Sya »

The Poised Architect by Isabella Sya

Our thoughts shape
Reality
Solidifying space.

Though
Fragile is its beauty
Sacred
Is its art.

Such a poised architect
Is the mind;
Itself expressing
Greatest of hope sublime
In its search for
True Love:
Liberation.

So send forth in great warmth
Into the mental field
Our hearts.

Escape -
The flux of the transient.

As love's might protects,
Wisdom's light guides us
Into eternity.

To the deathless
I surrender my mind;
Come:
Electrify my reality.

(Nirvana)

*This poem was meant to be centered in alignment, but I'm uncertain how to go about that with the alignment using this textbox, so much apologies for the left-side alignment. Enjoy (...or not?)! (Please let me know your comments below - I appreciate your time viewing and potentially constructively criticizing the poem I wrote. Cheers.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

@Isabella Sya

Very nice poem! You have managed to elegantly "solidify" several tomes of historical, philosophical writings by some of the world's greatest philosophers into this beautiful architectural edifice.

If I may ask: what was the significance of your plan to center the text? I am intuiting that it has something to do with the concept of geometric / and gravitational balance of a real architectural structure. I don't know if I am even close.

Thanks for posting!
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”