There used to be a time.

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Phillymom80
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2970">The Cuckoo's Calling</a>
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phillymom80.html

Icon There used to be a time.

Post by Phillymom80 »

There used to be a time when all I did was wake up and go to work, but that was before i got married and had kids
There used to be a time when I got home all I did was chill out and watch a movie, but that was before I got married had kids
There used to be a time that I didn't have to report to anyone on where I was going, but that was before I got married and had kids
There used to be a time when i could drop whatever i was doing and go out with the girls, but that was before i got married and had kids.
There was a time when i used to buy whatever i wanted for myself not not worry about the money, but that was before i got married and had kids.
There was a time when i was able to read a relly good book in one sitting, but that was before i got married and had kids. There was a time when i sat and though i want to get married and have kids..
Now there are times when I sit here and think...What was I thinking back when there was a time...
I could have just taken my Time Cause now it seems like i dont have enough time...
s_curley
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-curley.html

Post by s_curley »

While I am not married nor do I have kids, I have heard a couple of my sisters and relatives make claim to this as well. I enjoyed this poem, even though it is due to your pain and regret. Thank you for sharing!
StaceyDimes
Currently Reading: Private L.A.
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-staceydimes.html

Post by StaceyDimes »

Your poem speaks the truth!
I think any parent could read this and completely relate. I got married at 18 and had two kids by the time I was 21. I remember feeling that same way. I am now 41 and my kids are out of the house. I've long been divorced from their father but have a fiance.. life is finally happening again. I'm enjoying that quiet time to read, moments to jump up and just go, and so forth. The biggest difference is, I appreciate it SO much more than I ever did before kids.
Your time will come again.
:) Great job putting it into perspective in your poem.
shybrandon5
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shybrandon5.html

Post by shybrandon5 »

I can definitely relate. Reading is my favorite pastime and there are days when being married and having kids takes precidence over reading. I definitely feel what your feeling. Great poem.
Oneka Quamina-Miguel
Currently Reading: Project Tau
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oneka-quamina-miguel.html
Latest Review: Zeus Defied by Rez Khan

Post by Oneka Quamina-Miguel »

This poem exemplifies what it means to be married and have children and having to forgo alot in order to ensure that family comes first. The use of repetition really emphasizes the routine of family life. You almost look forward to it. There is an expectation of the repeated line which the reader cannot escape.

According to the poem, there was a time when you could have done so much, but that time is no longer yours. There is a yearning for that time again. I can relate. However there is much joy in having a spouse and children which many also yearn for.

There will come a time again!
bellajavier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajavier.html
Latest Review: Truth Come to Light by Taryn Feldmann

Post by bellajavier »

This is borderline sad, that you have lost almost every sort of freedom you had in life, but that's how you build a family ♥️ it takes so much compromise and sacrifice. And with time, you'll learn to take time for yourself and enjoy it again.
Jackson uttah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jackson uttah »

There used to be a time. That is to tell the responsibilities that are involved in marriage and the sacrifices you have to make for the growth and happiness of your children and partner. In order to make a good and healthy family. Realy Nice poem
Jacktone Ogada
Currently Reading: A Cobbler's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacktone-ogada.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by Jacktone Ogada »

The sad reality of life! You've pinned it down well. I loved the word play in the poem too.
:tiphat: Lead by reading :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”