What is knowledge?

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Galactic Customs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Icon What is knowledge?

Post by Galactic Customs »

If words are weapons then what is knowledge?

What a confusing conundrum, how we throw lies and use power.

We wield threats like swords and march with them like armies.

And if every word is a weapon, and every choice is an act of war, then what is knowledge to those who wield it?

Oh, knowledge and truth, twins in the game of enlightenment and devastation.

With wisdom and age comes knowledge and pain.

And if the way we speak and act can affect the concept of freedom, then we are being entrusted with weapons.

So as we change with age, let the wisdom that truth bestows upon thee be used to defend against horrors of the world in store for us and not incite them.

To use wisdom is to walk into an arena with your head held high ready, to fail to use wisdom is to wear a blindfold to a fight to the death.
Elizabeth Sprinkle
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Elizabeth Sprinkle »

I really like this poem. As a child we are innocent and we want to know everything. But it’s good we are not told about all the things in the world.
“ With wisdom and age comes knowledge and pain” . Very true! In Ecclesiastes, it says
“For in much wisdom is much vexation, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow”.
I like that it says “we are being entrusted with weapons”. Almost anything we have can become a weapon. I hope I interpreted that correctly, for this really is a great poem and I only hope to cheer you on! Wisdom is so hard to find sometimes, so I value when someone explains the greatness of it and that the world is always in need of more.
Elizabeth Sprinkle
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Elizabeth Sprinkle »

I really like this poem. As a child we are innocent and we want to know everything. But it’s good we are not told about all the things in the world.
“ With wisdom and age comes knowledge and pain” . Very true! In Ecclesiastes, it says
“For in much wisdom is much vexation, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow”.
I like that it says “we are being entrusted with weapons”. Almost anything we have can become a weapon. I hope I interpreted that correctly, for this really is a great poem and I only hope to cheer you on! Wisdom is so hard to find sometimes, so I value when someone explains the greatness of it and that the world is always in need of more.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”