Happy Valentine's Day!

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Happy Valentine's Day!

Post by Scott »

Happy Valentine's Day!

What special activities do you have planned for this Valentine's Day?

It snowed here (CT, USA), so a lot of people have the day off from work/school.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
knightss
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by knightss »

i worked at the card store today and yes, it was snowing here too. A lot of men still came into the store to buy their wives valentines day cards... i guess they'd rather risk their life getting a card and candy rather than losing their lives when the wives found out they wouldn't be getting cards or candy this year. so my day was hectic to say the least. i have nothing planned for tonight due to the fact that i have been happily single for the last few months ;).
awelker

Post by awelker »

hmm. lets see. well it snowed almost a foot last night (MI, USA) so i didn't have school today which is a miracle becasue my school never closes. and i just got back from dropping my brother off at his friends house so now i have no plans since i am happily single. most likely i will just sit on my couch/bed and watch tv or read, which i have a lot to do.
Linda

Post by Linda »

i missed the whole valentines day thing but a good valentines day song that i can listen to all year long is " enjoy your day" by alkaline trio. i bet you didnt kno valentines day songs existed. lol good stuff
"I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it
I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me"
knightss

Post by knightss »

hahaha i covered that song and had it as my myspace song on valentines day. that's funny.

<3 a3 to the core.
DuchessAngel37

Post by DuchessAngel37 »

Between knightss and awelker's comments about the snow, I'd just like to say that this entire country is a bunch of wusses when it comes to snow.

School's closing for a foot of snow? Men 'risking their lives' for VDay cards - what'd you get in the city? 2 inches?

Oh man... I've gone to school when the snow was so high I couldn't see across the yard. I've gone to school when it was so cold your spit froze before it hit the ground. And I still have to complain about the National Weather Service mocking Buffalo for our October storm, talking about how we even get snowed in when it's only October. We weren't snowed in. At all. We had 5 inches of a freak snowstorm. The problem was, up until that day, it was still warm. And all the branches in the trees were full of green leaves. The snow weighed said branches down, which subsequently fell on power lines, knocking out power to most of the county for a week. It was lack of electricity and heat that had us prisoner for the week, not the snow.

Okay, I'm done now. Just some love for my city that I had to get off my chest.
Linda

Post by Linda »

yea alkaline trio pretty much owns...like every song they have is good. i love listening to them and falling asleep and like napping. lol like i'll wake up and still have my headphones in my ears. so good tho.
"I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it
I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me"

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”