L.O.V.E. ....Cupid's Choke Hold (What does it mean to you?)

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Taneha
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Taneha »

I am in awe of single mums.
It must be hard but satisfying to know you can do something so important all yourself.
I bet your a strong person. You sound it in your posts.
My mother raised 3 boys and myself along and I couldn't respect her more for that.
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

What do you all think is the most difficult or painful kind of love?
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

Tracey Neal
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: The Hundred Dresses
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by Tracey Neal »

sleepydumpling wrote:What do you all think is the most difficult or painful kind of love?
Loving someone that doesn't always love you back or give you the respect that you give them. I think that can be difficult.

Painful to be in love and to give yourself 100% to someone and then they end up breaking your heart.

Painful not being enough. Not the right hair, eyes, weight...not the right this not the right that. Being left feeling very unpretty.

Being overlooked or misunderstood.

Taken for granted. :(
bookstr

Post by bookstr »

Me to I almost got married two months ago everything was fine. But what might have been came into play and swept her away. I think so many times we are worried about what we do not have that what is in our hands slips away like grains of sand. It is sad, that one day the other person will then again wonder what could have of been while we are washed away in someone elses tide.
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

I personally think that if someone doesn't treat you with respect, or is more concerned with your physical features... then they don't love you. Simple as that.

Unrequited love is very painful, when you love someone and they can't or won't love you back.

Taneha

Post by Taneha »

Loving someone you don't have the courage to tell
and always watching them with someone else.
That would be hard.

Knowing the one you love isn't right for you
and not being able to move on.
That would be hard.
Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

Taneha wrote:I am in awe of single mums.
It must be hard but satisfying to know you can do something so important all yourself.
I bet your a strong person. You sound it in your posts.
My mother raised 3 boys and myself along and I couldn't respect her more for that.
Thank you so much Taneha :D I'm not strong however...I'm a sponge :(
Wear my heart outwardly, tends to get damaged quite a bit :( Oh well, thats life I suppose.
Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

bookstr wrote: I think so many times we are worried about what we do not have that what is in our hands slips away like grains of sand. It is sad, that one day the other person will then again wonder what could have of been while we are washed away in someone elses tide.
That is very thought provoking. Sadly, beautiful.

Sorry to hear of you and your love :(
Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

sleepydumpling wrote:I personally think that if someone doesn't treat you with respect, or is more concerned with your physical features... then they don't love you. Simple as that.

Unrequited love is very painful, when you love someone and they can't or won't love you back.
Unrequited love bites! :roll: Ouch :(
KaeMartyndale

Post by KaeMartyndale »

sleepydumpling wrote: Unrequited love is very painful, when you love someone and they can't or won't love you back.
Yes it is. In first year university I "loved" the beautiful boy next door. I say "loved" because it wasn't real love, but I was 18, and it still hurt like hell. But, to love someone who doesn't love you back, but yet is always there, and you can't get away from them. I could even hear him talking and playing guitar through the wall. That fucked me up for a while.
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Ahh yes Kae, I remember that kind of passion for someone that you feel when you love from afar. It hurts!

I actually love someone who is in my life all the time but I can't have him. I would have thought it would hurt a lot more than it does, but it's funny, while it does have it's moments of hurt, mostly it's the sweetest feeling.

What do you think is the easiest form of love?

Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

Ahh, if it were only that easy :wink: :lol: You got me there! :o

My stock answer as of now would be the love a parent has for their child.
I'm only speaking for myself though, some parents might not feel this way.
Especially the older their children become. But for me it is easy. My love of people in general. :D Is love easy though? I guess its easy for one to love, maybe fall in love, but retaining that love would seem to be the hardest part of loving at times.
Taneha

Post by Taneha »

What about the love for your family, parent or sibling, that should be easy like the love for a child but often isn't always that simple.

My brother is trying to convince me to see my father, who I haven't seen in 7years. Though this man has never hurt me in any way he has too many people I love including this brother.He frightens the life out of me.

I mean, loving family is an instinct but do we always have to like them?
And if you don't like them do you pretend?
Even if there not good people should you feel guilty?
Do you have to forgive them?
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

I am estranged from almost all of my family. I only really have contact with my maternal Grandparents. That's because my family are abusive and unless you fall into either the abuser or the victim, they can't handle it. I refuse to be either.

I don't pretend, I don't feel guilty and my life is so much better to have moved on from that very damaging place to be. I don't even love any of them.

I think the love for children is the easiest too. Whether they be your own children, nieces/nephews or friends kids. It's very simple to love and be loved by a child. They accept you for who you are and show you their true selves. It's refreshing!

KaeMartyndale

Post by KaeMartyndale »

I don't think loving one's family is an instinct, I think they still need to do something to earn your love. My mother left when I was only 6 months old, and though I had contact with her, I never loved her, and that always made me feel guilty, because she was my mother and I was SUPPOSED to love her. But, I don't think it works that way.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”