Hobbies

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
darbook
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Hobbies

Post by darbook »

going fishing. and i also can read at the same time.
frger

Post by frger »

Pappy wrote:The guitar is my main hobby, actually. Reading is very nice and I love to do it, but I often read about guitars and amps in addition to the usual stuff I read. I just got done building my own amplifier which seems to be wired wrong so I'll be working on fixing that later on.

But I do love guitars. New ones, old ones, some old ones are just magic. Few new ones seem to have so much feeling behind them, but that's what you get when you let macines do all the work. Greater quality assurance, sure, but the individuality is gone.

The guitar in my avatar is from 1962 I believe. I found it in a guitar store in Tucson, AZ and would have bought it right then even though I was never a fan of the florentine cutaway (the sharp point at the bottom near my left hand), or that cherry shade of a suburst. Playing it though... It was like it knew exactly what I was trying to do and helped me do it.

Magic.

I only hope whoever gets/bought that guitar will appreciate it.

Fine! Good for you! The guitar is fine.
rudi

Post by rudi »

Bowlie wrote:**Watch movies
**Play video games
**Crochet
**Cross stich

(probably in that order too)
If you want to crochet for a cause, I suggest checking out the rectangle6x9 website. All you do is make 6"x9" rectangles - a small, quick project you can take with you easily. The rectangles are put together to make afghans for injured soldiers.
Bowlie

Post by Bowlie »

rudi wrote:If you want to crochet for a cause, I suggest checking out the rectangle6x9 website. All you do is make 6"x9" rectangles - a small, quick project you can take with you easily. The rectangles are put together to make afghans for injured soldiers.
Thanks! I will definitely look for that site!

Update:
I looked at the site and will probably try to make some squares for the group. I wouldn't mind even making a full afghan for a soldier. Do you know of any groups that do this? I've looked around on the internet and couldn't find any active ones, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.
frger

Post by frger »

I like puzzle.
poomlie

Post by poomlie »

Bowlie wrote:
rudi wrote:If you want to crochet for a cause, I suggest checking out the rectangle6x9 website. All you do is make 6"x9" rectangles - a small, quick project you can take with you easily. The rectangles are put together to make afghans for injured soldiers.

Update:
I looked at the site and will probably try to make some squares for the group. I wouldn't mind even making a full afghan for a soldier. Do you know of any groups that do this? I've looked around on the internet and couldn't find any active ones, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.
Here are a few places for you to start: Soldiers Angels - Blankets of Gratitude; The Ships Project; Daily Knitter, Knitting for Charity (which lists the Ships Project, as well).

My favorite is Daily Knitter, Knitting for Charity since it lists many other worthy charities to knit and crochet for, not just soldiers.
silver

Post by silver »

watching movies, sports(any), archery, chess, sudoku, writing, youtube, making games(well at least the coding part. I suck at art so I usually just "borrow" the sprites :) ) I'm sure I am missing allot but its late and I'm tired so this will have to suffice.
Bowlie

Post by Bowlie »

poomlie wrote:
Bowlie wrote:

Update:
Here are a few places for you to start: Soldiers Angels - Blankets of Gratitude; The Ships Project; Daily Knitter, Knitting for Charity (which lists the Ships Project, as well).

My favorite is Daily Knitter, Knitting for Charity since it lists many other worthy charities to knit and crochet for, not just soldiers.
Thanks for the websites. I'll take a look at them. :)
xaraan

Post by xaraan »

Well, I'm a photographer for a living, but I also enjoy doing it just for fun.

And, well, I'm here in these forums, so I read a lot.

I also listen to music, like to go out with friends, take the gf and kids to movies, play xbox
urasay

Post by urasay »

well i listen to music almost all the time and like to check out new genres. into indian classical at the moment. otherwise i am out riding my motorcycle, i have a royal enfield thunderbird. i try to trek when i can but that is a rare happening. would love to travel but my allowance does not allow me to do much of that.
boardj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boardj.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by boardj »

Other than reading, I write, watch anime, smother my cat with love, sometimes draw, write to my pen-pals, and play video games on my PS2.
empress123++
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by empress123++ »

I love reading books,swimming and feeding my pet
Cheryl Rendone
Favorite Author: Ellen Hopkins
Favorite Book: Identical
Currently Reading: Red Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-rendone.html
Latest Review: Third Chances by Dan Petrosini
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 3134

Post by Cheryl Rendone »

Besides reading, I enjoy gaming. Games such as minecraft, racing games, horror games. I also enjoy building model cars, I've done two so far and I'm hoping that as I get more practice, the finished product will become even better! And lastly, watching Netflix shows, some top favorites are Criminal Minds, New Girl, How to Get Away with Murder, Dexter was awesome, and Santa Clarita Diet, just to name a few.
Julie Petitbon
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: Becoming Michele Obama
Bookshelf Size: 699
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-petitbon.html
Latest Review: Sophia Violet and the Fiery Orb by Evangeline Greene
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Julie Petitbon »

I love gardening. I find it very peaceful.
Inkroverts
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkroverts.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Inkroverts »

I love the make illustrations and drawing and sketching.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”